Re: [midatlanticretro] OT recommendation?

    Message 1 of 75 , Jun 1, 2012
      On 06/01/2012 09:18 PM, dmmmmcom wrote:
      > 1.0TB HGST Ultrastar A7K2000 7200RPM SATA Enterprise Class HD with
      > 32MB Cache. Energy Efficient, Enterprise Reliability 3.5" Serial ATA
      > 3Gb/1.5Gb Hard Drive with 5yr HGST Factory Warranty. (0A39289) Just
      > $119, but it does not specify that it will work with my emac

      This sounds to me like an "internal" drive, meaning a drive without a
      chassis. (due to cluelessness, the industry makes the distinction
      between "internal" and "external" drives, which is nuts because ALL
      drives are "internal"...some of them, however, get put into chassis!)

      Anyway, I thought you were looking for what is generally referred to
      as an "external" drive...

      > FireWire 800/400, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, eSATA interfaces Mac and PC
      > compatible - $99

      ...like this one. What's the capacity of this one?

      I'm unfamiliar with the eMac hardware; I kinda doubt it has FireWire,
      but it's sure to have USB at least. It certainly doesn't have eSATA.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 11, 2014
        > I'm planning on bringing my disk imaging box with me to the workshop,
        > I'll bring the 8" drive as well. The Zenith Z100 uses 5 1/4" disks though.

        We're confusing things. :) Emmanuel's computer will be available to us
        at HOPE, not at the workshop this weekend.