OT recommendation?

  • dmmmmcom
    Message 1 of 75 , Jun 1, 2012
      It is running OS X10.4.7.
      I have not looked but I am sure I have all of the original disks somewhere.
      I appreciate your suggestions.

      I was looking at the

      1.0TB HGST Ultrastar A7K2000 7200RPM SATA Enterprise Class HD with 32MB Cache. Energy Efficient, Enterprise Reliability 3.5" Serial ATA 3Gb/1.5Gb Hard Drive with 5yr HGST Factory Warranty. (0A39289)
      Just $119, but it does not specify that it will work with my emac

      or

      FireWire 800/400, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, eSATA interfaces
      Mac and PC compatible - $99

      Both of which appear to be a deal compared to my original idea of buying a second Air Port Express, and reprogram the iomega.

      I also think the suggestion to find a vintage mac forum is a good idea. Please let me know if you know of one. MARCH was the first user friendly forum I stumbled into.
      I have never used a chat room style forum before but I plan on suggesting the format to my son's school booster club and our Sunday School for virtual meetings.

      Thank you.
      Geekette

      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 11, 2014
        > I'm planning on bringing my disk imaging box with me to the workshop,
        > I'll bring the 8" drive as well. The Zenith Z100 uses 5 1/4" disks though.

        We're confusing things. :) Emmanuel's computer will be available to us
        at HOPE, not at the workshop this weekend.