Re: [midatlanticretro] I need a back up hard drive recommendation?

  • Dmmmmcom
    Message 1 of 75 , Jun 1, 2012
      I have been looking to get back to visit the museum again as soon as I can. I recommended it to a friend yesterday who is interested in WW ll props. An expanded Mac display would be another good attraction someday.

      On Jun 1, 2012, at 9:18 AM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

      >> Okay, I will use OT from now on

      Thanks. Remember, it only applies to newer systems, not the toaster Macs.

      >> But as time passes the word vintage will continue to attract more people with out of service units of younger age.

      True, and we * gradually * account for that. For example we allowed an SGI exhibit at VCF East this year. But the eMac launched in 2002. Maybe someday the whole iMac transition will be considered historic (which is why we have one in the museum collection -- we'd like to have a museum exhibit one day of "modern history") but for now it's just a used computer.

      I'm sure there are many forums where good help is available for modern Macs.

      But as I said, it's not totally banned here (at least once we get to know the poster, as we have with you.)

      It would be different if someone posted about a modern computer with their very first post, or all the time -- then we'd probably restrict their membership.

      =
      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 11, 2014
        > I'm planning on bringing my disk imaging box with me to the workshop,
        > I'll bring the 8" drive as well. The Zenith Z100 uses 5 1/4" disks though.

        We're confusing things. :) Emmanuel's computer will be available to us
        at HOPE, not at the workshop this weekend.