one good find deserves another

  • Jeff Jonas
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2012
      I bought a numeric keypad that's part of the Apple Adjustable Keyboard. Google found it here:

      http://www.macworld.com/article/1138427/macat25_forgotten.html
      Five forgotten Apple products
      Everyone remembers the Mac, but what about these Apple offerings?
      1. QuickTake 100
      2. Apple Adjustable Keyboard
      3. Mac OS X Server 1.0
      4. Apple PC 5.25-inch Drive
      5. Apple Network Server

      which links to
      http://vintagecomputing.com/

      Inside the Magnavox Odyssey (40th Anniversary)
      May 28th, 2012 by Benj Edwards

      The Panoramic World of Ralph H. Baer
      May 17th, 2012 by Benj Edwards
      Ralph Baer holds a Simon toy in his basement, May 2012
      Two days ago, I flew up to New Hampshire to visit Ralph H. Baer, the Father of Video Games, at his home in Manchester.

      fun reading!
    • s100doctor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9 8:25 AM
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Jonas" <jeff_s_jonas@...> wrote:

        > I bought a numeric keypad that's part of the Apple Adjustable Keyboard. Google found it here:
        >
        > http://www.macworld.com/article/1138427/macat25_forgotten.html
        > Five forgotten Apple products
        > Everyone remembers the Mac, but what about these Apple offerings?
        > 1. QuickTake 100
        > 2. Apple Adjustable Keyboard
        > 3. Mac OS X Server 1.0
        > 4. Apple PC 5.25-inch Drive
        > 5. Apple Network Server

        yeah, I have one or two of those Adjustable Keyboards. Is there any particular interest in them today? I have the PC 5.25 drive and Nubus card too...it was apparently somewhat useful in the era. How else would you move files from your home Mac IIci to the office IBM PC? That's still an issue today, for data recovery by individuals.

        Most of these retrospective-type articles, get their history wrong, or even the facts wrong. They generally misunderstand the utility of items in the time of their use. But they may be right about the Adjustable Keyboard; I don't know either way.

        Herb Johnson