Re: [midatlanticretro] I need a back up hard drive recommendation?

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 75 , May 30, 2012
      > Her...and I'm right there with you on that. USB isn't a particularly
      > good storage interface.

      Indeed! I picked up one of these:

      http://www.amazon.com/MiniPro-2-5-inch-FireWire-External-Enclosure/dp/B003EMR0WW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1338417302&sr=8-4

      USB 2.0, FireWire 400 and FireWire 800 for a 2.5" SATA drive. I've been very happy with the unit (had it about 2 years). Mostly I use it for moving files around between my machines and my parents' machines, largely to exchange backup data. Works fine as a FireWire 400 drive under MacOS 9.2 as well as modern OSes.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 11, 2014
        > I'm planning on bringing my disk imaging box with me to the workshop,
        > I'll bring the 8" drive as well. The Zenith Z100 uses 5 1/4" disks though.

        We're confusing things. :) Emmanuel's computer will be available to us
        at HOPE, not at the workshop this weekend.