Re: [midatlanticretro] I need a back up hard drive recommendation?

  • Matt Patoray
    Message 1 of 75 , May 30, 2012
      Dave,

      That is true I was just pointing him to something with FireWire so that he does not have to go through the slow torture of transferring several gigs via USB 1.1...

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 30, 2012, at 4:58 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

      On 05/30/2012 04:04 PM, Matt Patoray wrote:
      > As for drives you can get something that is guaranteed Mac compatable at
      > other world computing www.macsales.com <http://www.macsales.com> or look
      > on ePay for something by LaCie

      This isn't as big a deal as many people make it out to be. Anything
      that implements the standard USB mass storage profile will work; the
      protocols have been fully standardized for many years now. Even more
      relevant is the fact that there are only three or four different USB
      device-end chipsets used in mass storage devices nowadays, and they all
      work on pretty much anything.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ

      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 11, 2014
        > I'm planning on bringing my disk imaging box with me to the workshop,
        > I'll bring the 8" drive as well. The Zenith Z100 uses 5 1/4" disks though.

        We're confusing things. :) Emmanuel's computer will be available to us
        at HOPE, not at the workshop this weekend.