Re: [midatlanticretro] I need a back up hard drive recommendation?

    Message 1 of 75 , May 30 1:58 PM
      On 05/30/2012 04:04 PM, Matt Patoray wrote:
      > As for drives you can get something that is guaranteed Mac compatable at
      > other world computing www.macsales.com <http://www.macsales.com> or look
      > on ePay for something by LaCie

      This isn't as big a deal as many people make it out to be. Anything
      that implements the standard USB mass storage profile will work; the
      protocols have been fully standardized for many years now. Even more
      relevant is the fact that there are only three or four different USB
      device-end chipsets used in mass storage devices nowadays, and they all
      work on pretty much anything.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 11, 2014
        > I'm planning on bringing my disk imaging box with me to the workshop,
        > I'll bring the 8" drive as well. The Zenith Z100 uses 5 1/4" disks though.

        We're confusing things. :) Emmanuel's computer will be available to us
        at HOPE, not at the workshop this weekend.