Re: [midatlanticretro] I need a back up hard drive recommendation?

  • Dmmmmcom
    Message 1 of 75 , May 30, 2012
      I am not sure of the OS, I will check when I get home, but it is Tiger, plus. I have an iomega and airport extreme backing up the MacBooks but I cannot partition it to included the emac so I was going to just get another one. Thanks for the website info.

      On May 30, 2012, at 4:04 PM, Matt Patoray <mspatoray@...> wrote:

      Well,

      It will use either USB 1.1 or FireWire 400, or if u have another mac you can just get a 6 pin to 6 pin FireWire cable boot the eMac in FireWire target disc mode and copy over what you want to keep.

      As for drives you can get something that is guaranteed Mac compatable at other world computing www.macsales.com or look on ePay for something by LaCie

      What version of the MacOS are you running?

      Hope this helps,

      Matt

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 30, 2012, at 3:52 PM, Dmmmmcom <dmmmmcom@...> wrote:

      I know most of you guys don't know Apples from your blueberry preserves :) but can someone advise me on buying a new back up storage unit?
      I want to clean up my emac by first backing it up to an external drive and then restoring the software. But I am unsure about what to buy?
      (Just kidding about the fruit...)
      Thanks,
      Denise

      On May 30, 2012, at 1:25 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

      I'm going to reserve a hotel room. People can chip in later.

      Also HOPE is giving us a locking storage room for overnight. Nobody will use it but us.

      =

      =
      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 11, 2014
        > I'm planning on bringing my disk imaging box with me to the workshop,
        > I'll bring the 8" drive as well. The Zenith Z100 uses 5 1/4" disks though.

        We're confusing things. :) Emmanuel's computer will be available to us
        at HOPE, not at the workshop this weekend.