Re: [midatlanticretro] HOPE

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 54 , May 30, 2012
      > Who else can ** commit ** to being there and on which days? (Nothing frustrates me more than when people write back to say they can't go or that they'll "try" to go. Please guys only say you're going to staff our booth if you mean it.)

      As I said at VCF, I've been given time off from work to go down, so I can commit to definitely being there. I don't know if I'll exhibit anything this year; however, I'm leaning toward exhibiting because, like open source software, the community benefits only if you /provide/ rather than just /consume/!

      I will most likely take the train down Friday into Penn Station. The past times I've gone I just slept in the hammocks (3-4 hours a night hardly warrants paying for a room!) but friends may be coming with me this time, so I'm not sure if we'll have a room to share.

      I may demo my 8085 SBC since I've got a ROM monitor and a serial/parallel I/O board for it.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
    • Systems Glitch
      Message 54 of 54 , Dec 14, 2012
        > I'm curious, how many of you installed a switch to override the need to put a black tab on the write protect notch?

        Have done! Also, I use a Shugart 800 out of an old Tektronix terminal with my Ohio Scientific Challenger III -- it came with a hardware write protect switch wired onto the standard Shugart drive board.

        Thanks,
        Jonathan