Re: I'm new here, thought I'd say hello

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 12 , May 29 6:55 PM
      > I'll take this iron to my grave, man! ;)

      Yeah! I kind of guessed it. That "Never surrender" attitude is probably a must have personallity trait of the vintage computer hobbyist. God knows it takes a lot of patience to sort some of these old computers out!

      As posted in my other reply, I'll just have to bring my own soldering iron! :)

      J.
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 12 , May 29 6:56 PM
        > > Besides... I really don't like using someone elses soldering iron anyway! It just feels awkward and I know how mine handles so very well. I'm sure you know what I mean.
        >
        > That's like using someone else's toothbrush!

        Only it's more disgusting (using someone elses soldering iron that is).
      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 12 , May 29 6:57 PM
          > > Besides... I really don't like using someone elses soldering iron anyway! It just feels awkward and I know how mine handles so very well. I'm sure you know what I mean.
          >
          > That's like using someone else's toothbrush!

          Only it's more disgusting (that is using someone elses soldering iron).
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 12 , May 30 4:13 AM
            On Wed, 30 May 2012, joshbensadon wrote:

            > Besides... I really don't like using someone elses soldering iron anyway! It just feels awkward and I know how mine handles so very well. I'm sure you know what I mean.

            Also, beware of anyone that says, "Hold this, while I solder...". :-)

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...