Re: I'm new here, thought I'd say hello

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 12 , May 29, 2012
      > >> Someone needs to hold him down
      >
      > Have you met Dave? You're gonna need multiple someones. Just saying...

      No, I haven't met anyone from the group yet... I'm still new in town.
      But thanks for the advice. I'll have to let Dave keep that soldering iron... and just bring my own!

      Besides... I really don't like using someone elses soldering iron anyway! It just feels awkward and I know how mine handles so very well. I'm sure you know what I mean.

      J.
      Message 2 of 12 , May 29, 2012
        On 05/29/2012 09:49 PM, joshbensadon wrote:

        >> Have you met Dave? You're gonna need multiple someones. Just saying...
        >
        > No, I haven't met anyone from the group yet... I'm still new in town.
        > But thanks for the advice. I'll have to let Dave keep that soldering iron... and just bring my own!
        >
        > Besides... I really don't like using someone elses soldering iron anyway! It just feels awkward and I know how mine handles so very well. I'm sure you know what I mean.

        That's like using someone else's toothbrush!

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 12 , May 29, 2012
          > I'll take this iron to my grave, man! ;)

          Yeah! I kind of guessed it. That "Never surrender" attitude is probably a must have personallity trait of the vintage computer hobbyist. God knows it takes a lot of patience to sort some of these old computers out!

          As posted in my other reply, I'll just have to bring my own soldering iron! :)

          J.
        • joshbensadon
          Message 4 of 12 , May 29, 2012
            > > Besides... I really don't like using someone elses soldering iron anyway! It just feels awkward and I know how mine handles so very well. I'm sure you know what I mean.
            >
            > That's like using someone else's toothbrush!

            Only it's more disgusting (using someone elses soldering iron that is).
          • joshbensadon
            Message 5 of 12 , May 29, 2012
              > > Besides... I really don't like using someone elses soldering iron anyway! It just feels awkward and I know how mine handles so very well. I'm sure you know what I mean.
              >
              > That's like using someone else's toothbrush!

              Only it's more disgusting (that is using someone elses soldering iron).
            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 12 , May 30, 2012
                On Wed, 30 May 2012, joshbensadon wrote:

                > Besides... I really don't like using someone elses soldering iron anyway! It just feels awkward and I know how mine handles so very well. I'm sure you know what I mean.

                Also, beware of anyone that says, "Hold this, while I solder...". :-)

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...