Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: I'm new here, thought I'd say hello

    Message 1 of 12 , May 29, 2012
      On 05/29/2012 09:29 PM, joshbensadon wrote:
      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> On 05/29/2012 09:40 AM, ekeefe8051 wrote:
      >>> My name is Ed Keefe. I live in Carver, Massachusetts and I love
      >>> old computers.
      >>
      >> Hi Ed! This sounds like an "AA" meeting intro. ;)
      >
      > Dave, it's ok to admit you love old computers... admitting it is the
      > first step in finding a cure. C'mon Dave, you can say it. We are
      > all here for you. Put down that soldering iron and show us you can
      > walk away from that mother board....
      >
      > Umm, I'm gonna need some help here! Someone needs to hold him down
      > while I pry that soldering iron out of his hands! (cause, I want my
      > turn!)

      I'll take this iron to my grave, man! ;)

      > Ok, ok, I get carried away with my imagination!

      ;)

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 12 , May 29, 2012
        > >> Someone needs to hold him down
        >
        > Have you met Dave? You're gonna need multiple someones. Just saying...

        No, I haven't met anyone from the group yet... I'm still new in town.
        But thanks for the advice. I'll have to let Dave keep that soldering iron... and just bring my own!

        Besides... I really don't like using someone elses soldering iron anyway! It just feels awkward and I know how mine handles so very well. I'm sure you know what I mean.

        J.
        Message 3 of 12 , May 29, 2012
          On 05/29/2012 09:49 PM, joshbensadon wrote:

          >> Have you met Dave? You're gonna need multiple someones. Just saying...
          >
          > No, I haven't met anyone from the group yet... I'm still new in town.
          > But thanks for the advice. I'll have to let Dave keep that soldering iron... and just bring my own!
          >
          > Besides... I really don't like using someone elses soldering iron anyway! It just feels awkward and I know how mine handles so very well. I'm sure you know what I mean.

          That's like using someone else's toothbrush!

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • joshbensadon
          Message 4 of 12 , May 29, 2012
            > I'll take this iron to my grave, man! ;)

            Yeah! I kind of guessed it. That "Never surrender" attitude is probably a must have personallity trait of the vintage computer hobbyist. God knows it takes a lot of patience to sort some of these old computers out!

            As posted in my other reply, I'll just have to bring my own soldering iron! :)

            J.
          • joshbensadon
            Message 5 of 12 , May 29, 2012
              > > Besides... I really don't like using someone elses soldering iron anyway! It just feels awkward and I know how mine handles so very well. I'm sure you know what I mean.
              >
              > That's like using someone else's toothbrush!

              Only it's more disgusting (using someone elses soldering iron that is).
            • joshbensadon
              Message 6 of 12 , May 29, 2012
                > > Besides... I really don't like using someone elses soldering iron anyway! It just feels awkward and I know how mine handles so very well. I'm sure you know what I mean.
                >
                > That's like using someone else's toothbrush!

                Only it's more disgusting (that is using someone elses soldering iron).
              • Mike Loewen
                Message 7 of 12 , May 30, 2012
                  On Wed, 30 May 2012, joshbensadon wrote:

                  > Besides... I really don't like using someone elses soldering iron anyway! It just feels awkward and I know how mine handles so very well. I'm sure you know what I mean.

                  Also, beware of anyone that says, "Hold this, while I solder...". :-)

                  Mike Loewen mloewen@...