Museum update

    Message 1 of 14 , May 28, 2012
      Hi all,

      Yesterday was good! InfoAge's staff BBQ was a success and MARCH was well
      represented by me, Alise, Bryan, Jeff B., Jeff J., and Corey.

      A couple of weeks ago Bryan said he's giving his collection to us. I
      thought he meant a handful of systems in the back seat of his car.
      Instead, he showed up in a FULL box truck. It's a good thing me and the
      Jeff(s) spent the past few months clearing/organizing our club's storage
      area .... because now it's full again! It will be quite a while before
      we inventory what Bryan donated. Some of it we'll keep (some of his
      PETs, Fairchild Model F, etc.) and other things we'll offer for sale
      (many more C-64, TI-99/4a, etc.)

      Also we had about 30 museum visitors yesterdays -- young kids, older
      kids, parents, seniors, techies, etc. -- a very diverse audience this
      weekend.
    • ekoblentz
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 20, 2013
        Another day of hard, productive, and fun work in the warehouse! Jeff B. and I arrived at 11, worked until 2, took an hour for lunch, and worked again until almost 7. We built four or five shelving units, organized large bunches of things, and cleared ever more floor space.

        Neither of us are free next Sunday or the following Sunday. But I'd like to do warehouse work on at least one of the next two Saturdays. Anyone up for it?
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 20, 2013
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 15, 2013
            Jeff J. and I spent about five hours working in the warehouse today. We sorted books to keep vs. sell. We got through about 1/3rd of the books. We also retrieved an ADM3-A that Neil C. donated, and we in turn donated some electronics books to IXR.

            Jeff B. will be on-site this Sunday.

            _____
            Sent from a phone...
            Message 5 of 14 , May 17, 2014
              I went to the museum today because there were three InfoAge events happening and so we'd have lots of visitors. We were not disappointed! Visitors galore today, many of whom had good technical backgrounds, including a couple of potential new MARCHins and one person who sorta-kinda knew Jeff J. from their mutual time at Concurrent.

              Jeff J. himself was there today and Herb also stopped by. Herb took home one of our Zenith Z-100 systems for restoration.

              I checked out our storage area. The new roof is halfway done.
            • Jeffrey Brace
              Message 6 of 14 , May 18, 2014
                Evan it seems that in general there are more visitors on Saturday than Sunday. All the other museum guys say about how many people come on Saturdays. What do you think about giving tours in Saturdays instead of Sundays? I can't do Saturdays, but maybe Corey, you and Mouse can? The last several times it has been very quiet when I was here giving tours on Sundays.