about the new software

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 25, 2006
      someone could just try running those T2K programs on a
      peecee. Wasnt Multiplan one of them? It might actually
      run on a pc (then again...). Or execute one of the
      compilers with a ? after it (not sure if thats valid
      with that stuph). But the disks might need to be
      zapped to be recognized by DOS. Do a search for Jeff
      Helliges site for info on that.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • madodel
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
        Chris M wrote:
        > someone could just try running those T2K programs on a
        > peecee. Wasnt Multiplan one of them? It might actually
        > run on a pc (then again...). Or execute one of the
        > compilers with a ? after it (not sure if thats valid
        > with that stuph). But the disks might need to be
        > zapped to be recognized by DOS. Do a search for Jeff
        > Helliges site for info on that.

        Multiplan was Microsoft's first spreadsheet application. I have versions
        for MS-DOS (Actually the Zenith version) and OS/2. When Excel came out
        they dropped all support for it and as far as I know there was never a
        windows version.

        Mark

        --

        From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

        http://www.warpstock.org

        http://www.os2voice.org

        Investigation, 1938
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
          I have a TI 99/4a version of Microsoft Multiplan on cartridge. In fact, I
          think I have three of these carts, but I don't feel like digging into my TI
          stuff to confirm. If anyone is interested and would like a copy let me
          know and I will see what I can do. Cost to you: postage or trade.

          Speaking of TI - Anyone in this group collect or have interest in the
          TI's? This was the first computer I ever really (attempted to) program
          when I was about 13. Parsec was my favorite game for a while.

          Bill

          At 12:10 PM 2/26/2006 -0500, you wrote:
          >Chris M wrote:
          > > someone could just try running those T2K programs on a
          > > peecee. Wasnt Multiplan one of them? It might actually
          > > run on a pc (then again...). Or execute one of the
          > > compilers with a ? after it (not sure if thats valid
          > > with that stuph). But the disks might need to be
          > > zapped to be recognized by DOS. Do a search for Jeff
          > > Helliges site for info on that.
          >
          >Multiplan was Microsoft's first spreadsheet application. I have versions
          >for MS-DOS (Actually the Zenith version) and OS/2. When Excel came out
          >they dropped all support for it and as far as I know there was never a
          >windows version.
          >

          >Mark
        • Chris M
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
            Mark...Zenith as in Z-100/120?
            --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
            <madodel@...> wrote:
            > Chris M wrote:
            > > someone could just try running those T2K programs
            on a
            > > peecee. Wasnt Multiplan one of them? It might
            actually
            > > run on a pc (then again...). Or execute one of the
            > > compilers with a ? after it (not sure if thats
            valid
            > > with that stuph). But the disks might need to be
            > > zapped to be recognized by DOS. Do a search for
            Jeff
            > > Helliges site for info on that.
            >
            > Multiplan was Microsoft's first spreadsheet
            application. I have versions
            > for MS-DOS (Actually the Zenith version) and OS/2.
            When Excel came out
            > they dropped all support for it and as far as I know
            there was never a
            > windows version.
            >

            > Mark
            >

            > --
            >
            > From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel
            >
            > Warpstock 2006 - Windsor, Ontario, Canada, October
            12-15th,
            > http://www.warpstock.org
            > Warpstock Europe - http://www.warpstock.net
            >

            > For a choice in the future of personal computing,
            Join VOICE -
            > http://www.os2voice.org
            >
            > "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the
            people tolerate the
            > growth of private power to a point where it becomes
            stronger than their
            > democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is
            Fascism - ownership of

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • tfagan@triad.rr.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
              Hi Bill,

              I'd be interested in a MultiPlan cart for the TI, and others that I
              don't currently have that you might be willing to part with. :-) I
              have a working TI in my collection, and a couple dozen carts. One day,
              I'd like to land an expansion box with a floppy, but all in due time.

              I don't know that I have anything you be interested in for a fair-
              valued trade. Is there anything you're currently looking for? Let me
              know - if not - postage sounds fine to me.

              Thanks...

              --Timster--
            • madodel
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
                Chris M wrote:
                > Mark...Zenith as in Z-100/120?

                No, actually a Heath 151 which was a kit clone of the original PC. I would
                guess though that Zenith probably had a version of Microsoft's Multiplan
                for the Z100.

                Mark

                From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                http://www.warpstock.org

                http://www.os2voice.org

                Investigation, 1938
              • Chris M
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
                  ok. So its the vanilla pc version. I have something
                  close, a little beat up, possibly a Z-148 (not kit
                  built). Dont think I have the keyboard :(. What I
                  really really want though is a color all in one Z-100.
                  From what I understand they utilized the s-100 bus.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
                    MultiPlan predates DOS and was intentionally designed to be multi-platform.
                    It also exists in the ROM-based OS of the Tandy 600 laptop.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
                      Chris,

                      There is no such thing as a color All-in-One Z-100. The All-in-One was
                      monochrome 640x400. The color Z-100's used a separate monitor and yes, the
                      Z-100 has S-100 bus slots on a PC-like system board.

                      Jim

                    • Chris M
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
                        apparently youre right Jim. I thought I had read
                        something to the comtrary in a Byte article, but I
                        guess either I or the commentator or both were daffy.

                        http://mail.yahoo.com