PEEL PDS-1 Development System

    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2012
         Does anyone have experience using the PEEL PDS-1 Development System to program PAL chips?  I was wondering that this might be a useful tool to create the hard-to-find PALs found in Commodore systems.

      Bill

    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 2 , May 25, 2012
        On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 03:15:07PM -0400, B. Degnan wrote:
        > Does anyone have experience using the PEEL PDS-1 Development System to
        > program PAL chips? I was wondering that this might be a useful tool to
        > create the hard-to-find PALs found in Commodore systems.

        Not quite what your asking for but...

        Back in the mists of time I used Unisite and Abel for programming PEEL's.

        The PEEL's were electrically reprogramable and more flexable then the
        standard PALs of the time. They were discontinued a few years ago.
        From what I remember they could replace most PALs of the time. The other
        more capable small PAL we used was the ATV750.

        I not sure the PDS-1 can program anything other than PEEL's.