In case anyone needs a big monitor...

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2012
      I just bought one of those $20 composite to VGA adapters from ebay (new). The one from the supplier in Brooklyn NY.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/TV-RCA-Composite-S-video-AV-In-to-PC-VGA-LCD-Out-Converter-Adapter-Box-Black?item=190596379150

      I tested it with my Apple-1/Mimeo and my Apple II plus and it works with all the VGA monitors in my house. So if you need a bigger screen than what you are using (I know using a VGA monitor isn't exactly vintage correct but if you eyes suck and need a bigger screen).

      My main purpose is to use it with my VGA projector when I start doing presentations for schools and stuff. My "digital" projector can't lock onto the composite signal that the Apple-1 and Apple II plus generate using composite inputs. Those machines approximate the signal of NTSC without a lot of the analog components to trick the TV/Monitor into thinking it's NTSC. I'm not sure if other machines do that, but still nice to know there are options.

      This also opens up the option to put the Apple II plus on a 27" VGA monitor... Now that will be cool...