Me and My Mac ll

  • dmmmmcom
    Message 1 of 34 , May 9, 2012
      Hey guys?
      So my Mac ll has been reborn. It was so nice to see it's smiling face again. The video display has that thing where the colors are not aligned so the picture is a bit fuzzy. Any suggestions? Opening the lid so much has caused the aged plastic on one the corner of the base to crack a bit and I have decided to not put the lid back on again until I am confident I will not want to open it again too often. (I have had the same trouble with aged plastic childhood toys.) Is it "Bondo" I should use to sure it up and keep it from future damaging, like breaking a chunk off? The video display power cord has a new wiring issue so that I had to curl it and tape it with duck tape to keep the the wires in contact. Will it burn my house down if I leave it running? It is possible to cut and rewire? Anyone have an extra cable? In terms of keeping the computer healthy, is it better to keep the computer running or shut it down when it is not in use? The hard drive was replaced so I am running on someone else's hard drive, full of someone else's data. (I think I might Facebook the guy for fun?) I had to trash a bunch of stuff to free up enough running room, but now I am left with dozen's, (about 35), applications that I never wanted or used. I am wondering if I ought to copy the programs before deleting them entirely? I could use a couple of packs of blank disks. And I do have my old hard drive with my files on it. There is really cool engineering art, portfolio stuff and well years of my life on there. Can today's techno repair it?
      Just wondering...?
      Message 34 of 34 , May 13, 2012
        On 05/13/2012 12:30 PM, Dmmmmcom wrote:
        > My original Mac II hard drive not sure what is wrong with it?

        What are its symptoms? I'm sure there's enough expertise here that we
        can either get it going or pronounce it dead.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ