Re: Screen rot

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2012
      > What you're calling the "mask" is what many call the "faceplate". I
      > tried several thingss, including:

      The mask is internal to the CRT, I wouldn't think it would be possible to repair such a thing without some very special techniques.

      > I've read about CRTs imploding and faceplates cracking. You also run the
      > risk of cracking the tube neck, and letting out the vacuum. It's

      A tube once imploded on my co-worker, fortunately, it was only a 12" CRT and it didn't make any damage. We then were always careful to wear our safety glasses around these things.

      I once finished fixing a 26" colour tv, then turning the chassis back over, I nicked the vacuum stem and heard a big swoosh of air... DAMN!

      Anyway, my point I want to stress here is...

      Wear Saftey Glasses!