Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Classic Ethernet for VCF-E?

  • Neil Cherry
    Message 1 of 59 , May 2, 2012
      The good news is that if we can get our hands on some Vintage Cisco
      routers we can pretty much network anything that supported Ethernet
      formatted packets. At layer 2 the Ethernet packets are all the same,
      as far as dumb layer 2 devices are concerned (this applies to
      anything that used 10Base2, 10Base5 or 10BaseT).

      I had a number of years network things like XNS, PUP, DECNet (Phase
      4), Bayon Vines, Novell, SNA over IP and of course IP.

      http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 59 of 59 , May 2, 2012
        Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> writes:

        >--3CXBIGrbOV8KduZw-ZUy5fHna8NbtrbPBy7ylX6 Content-Type: text/plain;
        >charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
        >
        >The good news is that if we can get our hands on some Vintage Cisco
        >routers we can pretty much network anything that supported Ethernet
        >formatted packets. At layer 2 the Ethernet packets are all the same, as
        >far as dumb layer 2 devices are concerned (this applies to anything that
        >used 10Base2, 10Base5 or 10BaseT).

        Pretty much so...