Re: [midatlanticretro] Tweet love from Levy

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2 6:06 AM
      "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> writes:

      >--krUF6vlKxzhz4vzDeUjGVXOkn9L5I3XIcviPRTa Content-Type: text/plain
      >
      >Great news. Wired's Steven Levy -- the author of Hackers, Insanely
      >Great, etc. -- agreed to Tweet about VCF East. He did so this morning,
      >as promised:
      >
      >http://twitter.com/stevenlevy
      >
      >Steve has *** 41,000 *** followers, many of whom are Apple fanboys.
      >
      >Wall Township just might become Cupertino East on Sunday.
      >
      >Tip: Nobody wear an "I (heart) Windows" shirt.

      Who has such a shirt! :)
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 10 , May 2 6:24 AM
        On Wed, 2 May 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > Tip: Nobody wear an "I (heart) Windows" shirt.

        Sure they can. "Excuse me - hold on to these two wires, would you?"

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        Message 3 of 10 , May 2 8:46 AM
          > Great news. Wired's Steven Levy -- the author of Hackers, Insanely Great, etc. -- agreed to Tweet about VCF East. He did so this morning, as promised:
          >
          > http://twitter.com/stevenlevy
          >
          > Steve has *** 41,000 *** followers, many of whom are Apple fanboys.
          >
          > Wall Township just might become Cupertino East on Sunday.
          >
          > Tip: Nobody wear an "I (heart) Windows" shirt.

          Hmmm ... he Tweeted that VCF is in Trenton ... but then he Tweeted again
          to correct himself.
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 10 , May 2 9:08 AM
            On 5/2/2012 11:46 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
            >> Great news. Wired's Steven Levy -- the author of Hackers, Insanely Great, etc. -- agreed to Tweet about VCF East. He did so this morning, as promised:
            >>
            >> http://twitter.com/stevenlevy
            >>
            >> Steve has *** 41,000 *** followers, many of whom are Apple fanboys.
            >>
            >> Wall Township just might become Cupertino East on Sunday.
            >>
            >> Tip: Nobody wear an "I (heart) Windows" shirt.

            eh-hem, you could wear the VCF East 7.0 T-shirt :)
          • Matt Patoray
            Message 5 of 10 , May 2 9:27 AM

              On May 2, 2012, at 12:08 PM, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

              On 5/2/2012 11:46 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
              >> Great news. Wired's Steven Levy -- the author of Hackers, Insanely Great, etc. -- agreed to Tweet about VCF East. He did so this morning, as promised:
              >>
              >> http://twitter.com/stevenlevy
              >>
              >> Steve has *** 41,000 *** followers, many of whom are Apple fanboys.
              >>
              >> Wall Township just might become Cupertino East on Sunday.
              >>
              >> Tip: Nobody wear an "I (heart) Windows" shirt.

              eh-hem, you could wear the VCF East 7.0 T-shirt :)

              Dan,

              I will be doing so at the Early Television Foundation, convention this weekend in Hilliard.

              Got to represent you know, I also have a Western Electric shirt that is also sufficiently nerdy :)

              Matt
              Message 6 of 10 , May 2 9:30 AM
                At 08:59 AM 5/2/2012, you wrote:
                >Great news. Wired's Steven Levy -- the author of Hackers, Insanely
                >Great, etc. -- agreed to Tweet about VCF East. He did so this
                >morning, as promised:
                >
                >http://twitter.com/stevenlevy
                >
                >Steve has *** 41,000 *** followers, many of whom are Apple fanboys.
                >
                >Wall Township just might become Cupertino East on Sunday.
                >
                >Tip: Nobody wear an "I (heart) Windows" shirt.

                They're gonna love my IBM PC exhibit!

                bd
                Message 7 of 10 , May 2 9:31 AM

                  > >Tip: Nobody wear an "I (heart) Windows" shirt.
                  >
                  >Who has such a shirt! :)

                  If you did, it would weigh 50 lbs and have 15 pockets that don't fit anything

                  bd
                • s100doctor
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 2 9:48 AM

                    B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                    > They're gonna love my IBM PC exhibit!
                    >
                    > bd

                    ..but they will respect my S-100 exhibit for *performance*. ;)

                    Herb
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 2 10:25 AM
                      On 05/02/2012 12:48 PM, s100doctor wrote:
                      >>> Tip: Nobody wear an "I (heart) Windows" shirt.
                      >
                      > B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> They're gonna love my IBM PC exhibit!
                      >
                      > ..but they will respect my S-100 exhibit for *performance*. ;)

                      I believe the young kids of a few years ago would've required me to
                      say "Oooh, snap!". Nicely done. :)

                      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ