Re: [midatlanticretro] OT? SCSI

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Message 1 of 21 , May 1 12:31 PM
      On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

      On 05/01/2012 10:19 AM, B Degnan wrote:
      > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
      > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
      > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
      > not for sale, but for future restoration projects. I have a win 2000
      > system set up for SCSI drive testing with about three types of cards
      > installed, external CD SCSI burners, etc. What I did is gather
      > together all of the related items into one place, sealed them up and
      > I will get back to it in 2020 the medium future. Eventually things
      > SCSI will be hard to find, now is the time to start setting aside
      > 90's tech, when it's practically free.

      Early 50-pin SCSI drives, in particular, are really drying up fast.
      With all the high-end non-PC systems up until the early 2000s using such
      drives, I'm hoarding them at this point.
       <snip>

      I tend to agree...I've been trying to get my hands on as many 9 and 18gb fast/narrow disks as I can.  These are extremely useful, and have less years on them than most narrow disks.  I have 4-5 in my disk storage box, so far.  I use them in my 68k Macs, my early SPARCstations, my Amigas, and others.

      - Alex
      Message 2 of 21 , May 1 1:22 PM
        I have a few Seagates 9-18 gb

        Message 3 of 21 , May 1 4:20 PM
          On 05/01/2012 03:20 PM, B Degnan wrote:
          > I need to come up to Pittsburgh to visit you and Dan R some time.

          You (and Mike too) are always welcome. It's a bit of a mess right
          now, and will be for awhile, so you have been warned. ;)

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • murph
          Message 4 of 21 , May 2 6:46 AM
            On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

            If Bill isn't then I am.

            Will you be at VCF on Sunday?

            --
            Team Amiga  New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.

          • Kelly D. Leavitt
            Message 5 of 21 , May 2 6:56 AM
              Yes, I will be there both days. Look for me at the consignment area.

              Team Amiga New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.

              <http://identi.ca/murph>
            • s100doctor
              Message 6 of 21 , May 2 9:27 AM
                B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
                > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
                > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
                > not for sale, but for future restoration projects.

                Since this is off-topic....I run a used Mac business, especially the 68K and early PowerPC Macs. So I'm actively looking for the early 50-pin SCSI-1 type drives they used. Drives with Apple logos/name on them are particularly desirable. Anyone with these to sell, contact me off-list; also I'll be at the VCF-E. Thank you.

                Herb Johnson
              • murph
                Message 7 of 21 , May 4 12:03 PM
                  On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

                  Yes, I will be there both days. Look for me at the consignment area.

                  I'll try to bring it with me.

                  --
                  Team Amiga  New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.