Re: [midatlanticretro] OT? SCSI

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 21 , May 1, 2012
      On Tue, 1 May 2012, B Degnan wrote:

      > I need to come up to Pittsburgh to visit you and Dan R some time.

      Ditto.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • J. Alexander Jacocks
      Message 2 of 21 , May 1, 2012
        On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

        On 05/01/2012 10:19 AM, B Degnan wrote:
        > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
        > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
        > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
        > not for sale, but for future restoration projects. I have a win 2000
        > system set up for SCSI drive testing with about three types of cards
        > installed, external CD SCSI burners, etc. What I did is gather
        > together all of the related items into one place, sealed them up and
        > I will get back to it in 2020 the medium future. Eventually things
        > SCSI will be hard to find, now is the time to start setting aside
        > 90's tech, when it's practically free.

        Early 50-pin SCSI drives, in particular, are really drying up fast.
        With all the high-end non-PC systems up until the early 2000s using such
        drives, I'm hoarding them at this point.
         <snip>

        I tend to agree...I've been trying to get my hands on as many 9 and 18gb fast/narrow disks as I can.  These are extremely useful, and have less years on them than most narrow disks.  I have 4-5 in my disk storage box, so far.  I use them in my 68k Macs, my early SPARCstations, my Amigas, and others.

        - Alex
        Message 3 of 21 , May 1, 2012
          I have a few Seagates 9-18 gb

          Message 4 of 21 , May 1, 2012
            On 05/01/2012 03:20 PM, B Degnan wrote:
            > I need to come up to Pittsburgh to visit you and Dan R some time.

            You (and Mike too) are always welcome. It's a bit of a mess right
            now, and will be for awhile, so you have been warned. ;)

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • murph
            Message 5 of 21 , May 2, 2012
              On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

              If Bill isn't then I am.

              Will you be at VCF on Sunday?

              --
              Team Amiga  New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.

            • Kelly D. Leavitt
              Message 6 of 21 , May 2, 2012
                Yes, I will be there both days. Look for me at the consignment area.

                Team Amiga New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.

                <http://identi.ca/murph>
              • s100doctor
                Message 7 of 21 , May 2, 2012
                  B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                  > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
                  > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
                  > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
                  > not for sale, but for future restoration projects.

                  Since this is off-topic....I run a used Mac business, especially the 68K and early PowerPC Macs. So I'm actively looking for the early 50-pin SCSI-1 type drives they used. Drives with Apple logos/name on them are particularly desirable. Anyone with these to sell, contact me off-list; also I'll be at the VCF-E. Thank you.

                  Herb Johnson
                • murph
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 4, 2012
                    On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

                    Yes, I will be there both days. Look for me at the consignment area.

                    I'll try to bring it with me.

                    --
                    Team Amiga  New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.