Re: [midatlanticretro] OT? SCSI

    Message 1 of 21 , May 1 12:20 PM
      At 12:57 PM 5/1/2012, you wrote:
      >On 05/01/2012 10:19 AM, B Degnan wrote:
      > > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
      > > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
      > > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
      > > not for sale, but for future restoration projects. I have a win 2000
      > > system set up for SCSI drive testing with about three types of cards
      > > installed, external CD SCSI burners, etc. What I did is gather
      > > together all of the related items into one place, sealed them up and
      > > I will get back to it in 2020 the medium future. Eventually things
      > > SCSI will be hard to find, now is the time to start setting aside
      > > 90's tech, when it's practically free.
      >
      > Early 50-pin SCSI drives, in particular, are really drying up fast.
      >With all the high-end non-PC systems up until the early 2000s using such
      >drives, I'm hoarding them at this point.
      >
      > Speaking of which, it was not my intention to hoard this particular
      >type of drive, but I have lots...well over two hundred...Seagate
      >Barracuda 4.3GB 68-pin differential (not LVD!) SCSI drives. These are
      >really tough to find. If anyone needs them, they are available for the
      >asking.

      I need to come up to Pittsburgh to visit you and Dan R some time.

      Bill
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 21 , May 1 12:23 PM
        On Tue, 1 May 2012, B Degnan wrote:

        > I need to come up to Pittsburgh to visit you and Dan R some time.

        Ditto.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • J. Alexander Jacocks
        Message 3 of 21 , May 1 12:31 PM
          On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

          On 05/01/2012 10:19 AM, B Degnan wrote:
          > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
          > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
          > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
          > not for sale, but for future restoration projects. I have a win 2000
          > system set up for SCSI drive testing with about three types of cards
          > installed, external CD SCSI burners, etc. What I did is gather
          > together all of the related items into one place, sealed them up and
          > I will get back to it in 2020 the medium future. Eventually things
          > SCSI will be hard to find, now is the time to start setting aside
          > 90's tech, when it's practically free.

          Early 50-pin SCSI drives, in particular, are really drying up fast.
          With all the high-end non-PC systems up until the early 2000s using such
          drives, I'm hoarding them at this point.
           <snip>

          I tend to agree...I've been trying to get my hands on as many 9 and 18gb fast/narrow disks as I can.  These are extremely useful, and have less years on them than most narrow disks.  I have 4-5 in my disk storage box, so far.  I use them in my 68k Macs, my early SPARCstations, my Amigas, and others.

          - Alex
          Message 4 of 21 , May 1 1:22 PM
            I have a few Seagates 9-18 gb

            Message 5 of 21 , May 1 4:20 PM
              On 05/01/2012 03:20 PM, B Degnan wrote:
              > I need to come up to Pittsburgh to visit you and Dan R some time.

              You (and Mike too) are always welcome. It's a bit of a mess right
              now, and will be for awhile, so you have been warned. ;)

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
              New Kensington, PA
            • murph
              Message 6 of 21 , May 2 6:46 AM
                On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

                If Bill isn't then I am.

                Will you be at VCF on Sunday?

                --
                Team Amiga  New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.

              • Kelly D. Leavitt
                Message 7 of 21 , May 2 6:56 AM
                  Yes, I will be there both days. Look for me at the consignment area.

                  Team Amiga New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.

                  <http://identi.ca/murph>
                • s100doctor
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 2 9:27 AM
                    B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                    > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
                    > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
                    > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
                    > not for sale, but for future restoration projects.

                    Since this is off-topic....I run a used Mac business, especially the 68K and early PowerPC Macs. So I'm actively looking for the early 50-pin SCSI-1 type drives they used. Drives with Apple logos/name on them are particularly desirable. Anyone with these to sell, contact me off-list; also I'll be at the VCF-E. Thank you.

                    Herb Johnson
                  • murph
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 4 12:03 PM
                      On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

                      Yes, I will be there both days. Look for me at the consignment area.

                      I'll try to bring it with me.

                      --
                      Team Amiga  New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.