Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

OT? SCSI

Expand Messages
  • B Degnan
    Not really vintage in our club s scope, but just for anyone interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards and drives, mostly from the
    Message 1 of 21 , May 1, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
      interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
      and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
      not for sale, but for future restoration projects. I have a win 2000
      system set up for SCSI drive testing with about three types of cards
      installed, external CD SCSI burners, etc. What I did is gather
      together all of the related items into one place, sealed them up and
      I will get back to it in 2020 the medium future. Eventually things
      SCSI will be hard to find, now is the time to start setting aside
      90's tech, when it's practically free.
    • murph
      ... Yes, you. :) Murph, I have been saving these cards myself, sooner or later they will be good to have. I noticed your Team Amiga thing. I have a Video
      Message 2 of 21 , May 1, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:00 AM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
        Which Bill, me?  What year is the card?  I need any SCSI cards or drives at this time.  Probably this is too new for MARCH, but we have not really tackled the someday vintage "post vintage" question as far as long term storage goes.  Personally I have been setting aside items in the 1990-2000 range that I think will be hard to find for repairs, but not historical per se.

        Yes, you. :)

        Murph,

        I have been saving these cards myself, sooner or later they will be good to
        have.

        I noticed your Team Amiga thing. I have a Video Toaster 4000 on Ebay at
        the moment....currently it's going for $26....I am located in Wilmington,
        Delaware. If you're not interested in that, maybe there is other Amiga
        stuff you need or would like to trade.

        Bill Degnan


        I don't have anything specific that I'm looking for Amiga-wise, but I am always looking for decent 2000 parts, or if that 4000 Toaster didn't go. :)


        --
        Team Amiga  New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.



      • B Degnan
        ... I mean I *don t* need any SCIS cards or drives at this time. I have plenty already.
        Message 3 of 21 , May 1, 2012
        • 0 Attachment

          Which Bill, me?  What year is the card?  I need any SCSI cards or drives at this time.  Probably this is too new for MARCH, but we have not really tackled the someday vintage "post vintage" question as far as long term storage goes.  Personally I have been setting aside items in the 1990-2000 range that I think will be hard to find for repairs, but not historical per se.

          I mean I *don't* need any SCIS cards or drives at this time.  I have plenty already.
        • Dave McGuire
          ... Early 50-pin SCSI drives, in particular, are really drying up fast. With all the high-end non-PC systems up until the early 2000s using such drives, I m
          Message 4 of 21 , May 1, 2012
          • 0 Attachment
            On 05/01/2012 10:19 AM, B Degnan wrote:
            > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
            > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
            > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
            > not for sale, but for future restoration projects. I have a win 2000
            > system set up for SCSI drive testing with about three types of cards
            > installed, external CD SCSI burners, etc. What I did is gather
            > together all of the related items into one place, sealed them up and
            > I will get back to it in 2020 the medium future. Eventually things
            > SCSI will be hard to find, now is the time to start setting aside
            > 90's tech, when it's practically free.

            Early 50-pin SCSI drives, in particular, are really drying up fast.
            With all the high-end non-PC systems up until the early 2000s using such
            drives, I'm hoarding them at this point.

            Speaking of which, it was not my intention to hoard this particular
            type of drive, but I have lots...well over two hundred...Seagate
            Barracuda 4.3GB 68-pin differential (not LVD!) SCSI drives. These are
            really tough to find. If anyone needs them, they are available for the
            asking.

            -Dave

            --
            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • B Degnan
            ... I need to come up to Pittsburgh to visit you and Dan R some time. Bill
            Message 5 of 21 , May 1, 2012
            • 0 Attachment
              At 12:57 PM 5/1/2012, you wrote:
              >On 05/01/2012 10:19 AM, B Degnan wrote:
              > > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
              > > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
              > > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
              > > not for sale, but for future restoration projects. I have a win 2000
              > > system set up for SCSI drive testing with about three types of cards
              > > installed, external CD SCSI burners, etc. What I did is gather
              > > together all of the related items into one place, sealed them up and
              > > I will get back to it in 2020 the medium future. Eventually things
              > > SCSI will be hard to find, now is the time to start setting aside
              > > 90's tech, when it's practically free.
              >
              > Early 50-pin SCSI drives, in particular, are really drying up fast.
              >With all the high-end non-PC systems up until the early 2000s using such
              >drives, I'm hoarding them at this point.
              >
              > Speaking of which, it was not my intention to hoard this particular
              >type of drive, but I have lots...well over two hundred...Seagate
              >Barracuda 4.3GB 68-pin differential (not LVD!) SCSI drives. These are
              >really tough to find. If anyone needs them, they are available for the
              >asking.

              I need to come up to Pittsburgh to visit you and Dan R some time.

              Bill
            • Mike Loewen
              ... Ditto. Mike Loewen mloewen@cpumagic.scol.pa.us Old Technology http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/
              Message 6 of 21 , May 1, 2012
              • 0 Attachment
                On Tue, 1 May 2012, B Degnan wrote:

                > I need to come up to Pittsburgh to visit you and Dan R some time.

                Ditto.


                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                Old Technology http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/
              • J. Alexander Jacocks
                ... I tend to agree...I ve been trying to get my hands on as many 9 and 18gb fast/narrow disks as I can. These are extremely useful, and have less
                Message 7 of 21 , May 1, 2012
                • 0 Attachment
                  On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:
                   
                  On 05/01/2012 10:19 AM, B Degnan wrote:
                  > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
                  > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
                  > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
                  > not for sale, but for future restoration projects. I have a win 2000
                  > system set up for SCSI drive testing with about three types of cards
                  > installed, external CD SCSI burners, etc. What I did is gather
                  > together all of the related items into one place, sealed them up and
                  > I will get back to it in 2020 the medium future. Eventually things
                  > SCSI will be hard to find, now is the time to start setting aside
                  > 90's tech, when it's practically free.

                  Early 50-pin SCSI drives, in particular, are really drying up fast.
                  With all the high-end non-PC systems up until the early 2000s using such
                  drives, I'm hoarding them at this point.
                   <snip>

                  I tend to agree...I've been trying to get my hands on as many 9 and 18gb fast/narrow disks as I can.  These are extremely useful, and have less years on them than most narrow disks.  I have 4-5 in my disk storage box, so far.  I use them in my 68k Macs, my early SPARCstations, my Amigas, and others.

                  - Alex
                • B Degnan
                  I have a few Seagates 9-18 gb
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 1, 2012
                  • 0 Attachment
                    I have a few Seagates 9-18 gb

                    At 03:31 PM 5/1/2012, you wrote:


                    On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:
                     
                    On 05/01/2012 10:19 AM, B Degnan wrote:
                    > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
                    > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
                    > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
                    > not for sale, but for future restoration projects. I have a win 2000
                    > system set up for SCSI drive testing with about three types of cards
                    > installed, external CD SCSI burners, etc. What I did is gather
                    > together all of the related items into one place, sealed them up and
                    > I will get back to it in 2020 the medium future. Eventually things
                    > SCSI will be hard to find, now is the time to start setting aside
                    > 90's tech, when it's practically free.

                    Early 50-pin SCSI drives, in particular, are really drying up fast.
                    With all the high-end non-PC systems up until the early 2000s using such
                    drives, I'm hoarding them at this point.

                     <snip>

                    I tend to agree...I've been trying to get my hands on as many 9 and 18gb fast/narrow disks as I can.  These are extremely useful, and have less years on them than most narrow disks.  I have 4-5 in my disk storage box, so far.  I use them in my 68k Macs, my early SPARCstations, my Amigas, and others.

                    - Alex


                  • Dave McGuire
                    ... You (and Mike too) are always welcome. It s a bit of a mess right now, and will be for awhile, so you have been warned. ;) -Dave -- Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 1, 2012
                    • 0 Attachment
                      On 05/01/2012 03:20 PM, B Degnan wrote:
                      > I need to come up to Pittsburgh to visit you and Dan R some time.

                      You (and Mike too) are always welcome. It's a bit of a mess right
                      now, and will be for awhile, so you have been warned. ;)

                      -Dave

                      --
                      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                      New Kensington, PA
                    • murph
                      ... Will you be at VCF on Sunday? -- Team Amiga New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.
                      Message 10 of 21 , May 2, 2012
                      • 0 Attachment
                        On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:
                         

                        If Bill isn't then I am.



                        Will you be at VCF on Sunday?


                        --
                        Team Amiga  New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.



                      • Kelly D. Leavitt
                        Yes, I will be there both days. Look for me at the consignment area. ... From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com on behalf of murph Sent: Wed 5/2/2012 9:46 AM
                        Message 11 of 21 , May 2, 2012
                        • 0 Attachment
                          Yes, I will be there both days. Look for me at the consignment area.

                          -----Original Message-----
                          From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com on behalf of murph
                          Sent: Wed 5/2/2012 9:46 AM
                          To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                          Cc:
                          Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: In case it interests the group.







                          On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:





                          If Bill isn't then I am.




                          Will you be at VCF on Sunday?


                          --
                          Team Amiga New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.

                          <http://identi.ca/murph>
                        • s100doctor
                          ... Since this is off-topic....I run a used Mac business, especially the 68K and early PowerPC Macs. So I m actively looking for the early 50-pin SCSI-1 type
                          Message 12 of 21 , May 2, 2012
                          • 0 Attachment
                            B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
                            > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
                            > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
                            > not for sale, but for future restoration projects.

                            Since this is off-topic....I run a used Mac business, especially the 68K and early PowerPC Macs. So I'm actively looking for the early 50-pin SCSI-1 type drives they used. Drives with Apple logos/name on them are particularly desirable. Anyone with these to sell, contact me off-list; also I'll be at the VCF-E. Thank you.

                            Herb Johnson
                          • murph
                            ... I ll try to bring it with me. -- Team Amiga New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.
                            Message 13 of 21 , May 4, 2012
                            • 0 Attachment
                              On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:
                               

                              Yes, I will be there both days. Look for me at the consignment area.



                              I'll try to bring it with me.


                              --
                              Team Amiga  New Jersey - The less that I speak, the smarter I sound.



                            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.