Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF -- projectors/laptops

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2012
      Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

      >This year we need three projectors. InfoAge has one, and Corey will loan
      >us one. We need a third to borrow for the duration of the show.
      >
      >I'll bring in my crap-ass XP laptop to power one projector. We need to
      >power the other two -- in case any lectures show up with memory sticks
      >and no computers. MARCHins, please come to the rescue!
      >
      >Ideally, the laptops should be loaded with a modern-ish version of MS
      >Office, and a modern-ish version of OpenOffice, so all the bases will be
      >covered ("all your base are belong to us!").

      $ EXIT 13492
      %SYSTEM-F-GAMEOVER, all your base are belong to us

      >Pretty much all the other big stuff is settled .... except for our
      >massive shortfall of volunteers. I'm off work this Thursday and Friday,
      >and I hope to have a brilliant idea for how to clone myself. I figure
      >that'll help by keeping people from attending, because who could
      >possibly cope with more than one of me?

      Is leasing one for the weekend an option?
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2012
        >I'll bring in my crap-ass XP laptop to power one projector. We need to
        >power the other two -- in case any lectures show up with memory sticks
        >and no computers. MARCHins, please come to the rescue!

        Evan,

        Let me know if you still need a laptop. I have one. And 2 or 3 others that
        may fit the bill.

        Jeff Brace
      • David Gesswein
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2012
          On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 10:46:01AM -0400, Jeffrey Brace wrote:
          > >I'll bring in my crap-ass XP laptop to power one projector. We need to
          > >power the other two -- in case any lectures show up with memory sticks
          > >and no computers. MARCHins, please come to the rescue!
          >
          > Evan,
          >
          > Let me know if you still need a laptop. I have one. And 2 or 3 others that
          > may fit the bill.

          Ditto. The laptop I bring doesn't have office on it but I can install it
          if you haven't gotten enough already.
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2012
            >> Let me know if you still need a laptop. I have one.

            Yup. With mine, yours, and Don's, we're all set.