VCF -- projectors/laptops

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30 6:59 PM
      This year we need three projectors. InfoAge has one, and Corey will loan
      us one. We need a third to borrow for the duration of the show.

      I'll bring in my crap-ass XP laptop to power one projector. We need to
      power the other two -- in case any lectures show up with memory sticks
      and no computers. MARCHins, please come to the rescue!

      Ideally, the laptops should be loaded with a modern-ish version of MS
      Office, and a modern-ish version of OpenOffice, so all the bases will be
      covered ("all your base are belong to us!").

      Pretty much all the other big stuff is settled .... except for our
      massive shortfall of volunteers. I'm off work this Thursday and Friday,
      and I hope to have a brilliant idea for how to clone myself. I figure
      that'll help by keeping people from attending, because who could
      possibly cope with more than one of me?
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2012
        Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

        >This year we need three projectors. InfoAge has one, and Corey will loan
        >us one. We need a third to borrow for the duration of the show.
        >
        >I'll bring in my crap-ass XP laptop to power one projector. We need to
        >power the other two -- in case any lectures show up with memory sticks
        >and no computers. MARCHins, please come to the rescue!
        >
        >Ideally, the laptops should be loaded with a modern-ish version of MS
        >Office, and a modern-ish version of OpenOffice, so all the bases will be
        >covered ("all your base are belong to us!").

        $ EXIT 13492
        %SYSTEM-F-GAMEOVER, all your base are belong to us

        >Pretty much all the other big stuff is settled .... except for our
        >massive shortfall of volunteers. I'm off work this Thursday and Friday,
        >and I hope to have a brilliant idea for how to clone myself. I figure
        >that'll help by keeping people from attending, because who could
        >possibly cope with more than one of me?

        Is leasing one for the weekend an option?
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2012
          >I'll bring in my crap-ass XP laptop to power one projector. We need to
          >power the other two -- in case any lectures show up with memory sticks
          >and no computers. MARCHins, please come to the rescue!

          Evan,

          Let me know if you still need a laptop. I have one. And 2 or 3 others that
          may fit the bill.

          Jeff Brace
        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2012
            On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 10:46:01AM -0400, Jeffrey Brace wrote:
            > >I'll bring in my crap-ass XP laptop to power one projector. We need to
            > >power the other two -- in case any lectures show up with memory sticks
            > >and no computers. MARCHins, please come to the rescue!
            >
            > Evan,
            >
            > Let me know if you still need a laptop. I have one. And 2 or 3 others that
            > may fit the bill.

            Ditto. The laptop I bring doesn't have office on it but I can install it
            if you haven't gotten enough already.
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2012
              >> Let me know if you still need a laptop. I have one.

              Yup. With mine, yours, and Don's, we're all set.