Re: [midatlanticretro] Classic Ethernet for VCF-E?

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 59 , Apr 30, 2012
      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      >On 04/30/2012 04:35 PM, system@... wrote: > Andy
      >Goldstein gave me two quniverters when I hauled his MicroVAX out of >
      >MRO to InfoAge (via my basement for several months).
      >
      > Very cool.
      >
      >> You're better off with the DELUA.
      >
      > Ohhhh yes. :-)
      >
      >> Too bad I can't make VCF. I would have > brought some Etherpipe,
      >H4000s and H4005s, and/or a DELNI to make things a > little more
      >"vintage". Also, I w/could have brought a small VMS box in to >
      >configure with DECnet over IP too to use as a gateway for your PDP to
      >the > internet.
      >
      > That would've been fun! Is there no way you can make it?

      I do wish that I could but I'll be leaving for an extended weekend in
      Gettysburg on Thrusday. Maybe we'll pass each other on some portion of
      the PA TPK. :)

      I been working my arse off here the past few weeks in hopes of freeing
      up time to spend with the UK gang and drink to excess with all of the
      bands. Maybe next year Evan will consult with me first before setting
      the date for VCF! :) :)
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 59 of 59 , May 2, 2012
        Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> writes:

        >--3CXBIGrbOV8KduZw-ZUy5fHna8NbtrbPBy7ylX6 Content-Type: text/plain;
        >charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
        >
        >The good news is that if we can get our hands on some Vintage Cisco
        >routers we can pretty much network anything that supported Ethernet
        >formatted packets. At layer 2 the Ethernet packets are all the same, as
        >far as dumb layer 2 devices are concerned (this applies to anything that
        >used 10Base2, 10Base5 or 10BaseT).

        Pretty much so...