Re: [midatlanticretro] Classic Ethernet for VCF-E?

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 59 , Apr 30, 2012
      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      > From Able, yes. I think I have one in a box somewhere. I think it'd

      Andy Goldstein gave me two quniverters when I hauled his MicroVAX out of
      MRO to InfoAge (via my basement for several months).

      >be sacrilege to put a DEQNA on an 11/70 via a bus converter, though. I'm
      >not sure why, exactly...but I'm certain you know what I mean! ;)

      You're better off with the DELUA. Too bad I can't make VCF. I would have
      brought some Etherpipe, H4000s and H4005s, and/or a DELNI to make things a
      little more "vintage". Also, I w/could have brought a small VMS box in to
      configure with DECnet over IP too to use as a gateway for your PDP to the
      internet.
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 59 of 59 , May 2, 2012
        Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> writes:

        >--3CXBIGrbOV8KduZw-ZUy5fHna8NbtrbPBy7ylX6 Content-Type: text/plain;
        >charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
        >
        >The good news is that if we can get our hands on some Vintage Cisco
        >routers we can pretty much network anything that supported Ethernet
        >formatted packets. At layer 2 the Ethernet packets are all the same, as
        >far as dumb layer 2 devices are concerned (this applies to anything that
        >used 10Base2, 10Base5 or 10BaseT).

        Pretty much so...