Re: [midatlanticretro] so...vcf enhibitors how goes it?

    Message 1 of 59 , Apr 29, 2012
      On 04/29/2012 06:20 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > There * might * be. Rumor has it Jeff J. and some InfoAge people are
      > running a few Ethernet drops for us, given the lousy state of
      > InfoAge's wifi.

      Evan, I have a very large (144 ports, no typo) Ethernet switch here
      that is not currently in use. I would be happy to bring it along if it
      would be helpful. Remember I'll be there relatively early, so there'll
      be plenty of time to get it set up.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 59 of 59 , May 2 7:51 AM
        Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> writes:

        >--3CXBIGrbOV8KduZw-ZUy5fHna8NbtrbPBy7ylX6 Content-Type: text/plain;
        >charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
        >
        >The good news is that if we can get our hands on some Vintage Cisco
        >routers we can pretty much network anything that supported Ethernet
        >formatted packets. At layer 2 the Ethernet packets are all the same, as
        >far as dumb layer 2 devices are concerned (this applies to anything that
        >used 10Base2, 10Base5 or 10BaseT).

        Pretty much so...