New server for midatlanticretro.org

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2012
      Hey all - we separated midatlanticretro.org from marchclub.org and we're in the process of setting up a test mailmain listserv. It's a free BSD server with up-to-date PHP, etc. The system is set to backup every hour, and has at least 10 gens of backup files, but not off-site. Ultimately a cloud solution is the way to go, but again this is just me and my guys working with what we have at our datacenter.

      Coincidentally my original post announcement is how I discovered yahoo's group was not working correctly. I never got my message or heard any comments about it, making me wonder and check...

      I am not saying we *should* abandon yahoo groups, I am just setting up an alternative in the event it makes sense.

      There will also be some sort of CMS to make web site changes, again all in alpha testing at the moment.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2012
        >> we separated midatlanticretro.org from marchclub.org and we're in the process of setting up a test mailmain listserv.

        Thanks for updating us.

        Marchclub.org can be disposed of.
      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2012
          "billdeg" <billdeg@...> writes:

          >Hey all - we separated midatlanticretro.org from marchclub.org and we're
          >in= the process of setting up a test mailmain listserv. It's a free
          >BSD serve= r with up-to-date PHP, etc. The system is set to backup
          >every hour, and ha= s at least 10 gens of backup files, but not
          >off-site. Ultimately a cloud s= olution is the way to go, but again
          >this is just me and my guys working wit= h what we have at our
          >datacenter.
          >
          >Coincidentally my original post announcement is how I discovered yahoo's
          >gr= oup was not working correctly. I never got my message or heard any
          >comment= s about it, making me wonder and check...
          >
          >I am not saying we *should* abandon yahoo groups, I am just setting up
          >an a= lternative in the event it makes sense.
          >
          >There will also be some sort of CMS to make web site changes, again all
          >in = alpha testing at the moment.

          Any CMS preference? Joomla, Drupal, other?