Wanted, COSMAC VIP, COSMAC ELF II, COSMAC SUPER ELF...

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 28, 2012
      Wanted, dead or alive...

      What are your most wanted lists???
    • M. Edward Wilborne, III
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 28, 2012
        I'd like to have a Wang PCS-II, alive, not dead.

        On 4/28/2012 9:58 AM, joshbensadon wrote:

        Wanted, dead or alive...

        What are your most wanted lists???

      • billdeg
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 28, 2012
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "M. Edward Wilborne, III" <wilborne@...> wrote:

          > I'd like to have a Wang PCS-II, alive, not dead.
          >
          > On 4/28/2012 9:58 AM, joshbensadon wrote:
          > >
          > > Wanted, dead or alive...
          > >
          > > What are your most wanted lists???

          My list:

          Commdore B Series hi-profile keyboard(s)

          Amiga A1200 internal disk drive.

          NEC PC6011A Expansion Unit

          Computer Data Systems "Versatile 2" s-100 computer 1977 (Newark, Delaware USA computer)

          Casio FX-9000P

          Cannon CX-1 or BX-3

          BASIS 108

          Acorn BBC Model A

          Eagle Computer Eagle II E

          Sord SM80X

          Oki 1F COM7 laptop

          Morrow Decision 1

          Microvoice Nugen

          Sycor Model 302 Key-Cassette Terminal

          California Technology International 1108-A Manual/documentation

          Any mid 70's micros like the Sphere, Compucolor II, HAL, Jupiter Computers (will consider trading an original MITS Altair 8800 for any one of these)

          Commodore 264

          CBM VC 1020 or VIC 1010 docking station for VIC 20

          Tandon 603s 7MB hard drive (or *working* ST-225's will do too).

          Bill
        • Dave Wade

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 28, 2012
              --- On Sat, 4/28/12, M. Edward Wilborne, III <wilborne@...> wrote:

              >> I'd like to have a Wang PCS-II, alive, not dead.
              >On 4/28/2012 9:58 AM, joshbensadon wrote:
              > What are your most wanted lists???

              OK, as long as we're posting wanted lists, here's what comes to mind...

              Dumb terminals of any kind, but especially looking for:
              Ann Arbor Ambassador
              IBM 3101
              Soroc
              HP 26xx
              Tektronix

              Old external modems pre-14.4K
              Good quality dot matrix printer
              Internal Apple II modems
              Unusual Apple II I/O cards
              S-100 I/O boards (parallel/serial/video/cassette)
              S-100 SRAM
              S-100 backplane or generic S-100 box
              Top cover for a Dynabyte
              7 level paper tape punch or optical reader
              Hard disk system parts for TRS-80
              Apple Lisa parallel card
              Apple SilenType thermal printer
              Apple Disk /// drive
              Broken Apple Profile hard drive for parts
              Basis 108 (Apple clone)
              The three headed "Y" cable for a color NeXT system
              External 8" floppy drive enclosure
              DEC RA60 drive
              DEC RX02 or RX01 drive
              Used DS/DD 5 1/4" floppies
              The official little smoked plastic stand for the Apple Scribe
              IBM PGA graphics card (it's a mutliboard stack that takes up two slots)
              Sun VME boards/systems
              Breakout cable for Sun's SMD controller

              Speaking of floppies, does anyone have any hard sector disks, or a punch to make them? Or, even better yet, does anyone have any bootable media for a NorthStar Advantage?

              I am also in need of 19 pin dsub connectors, which are very difficult to find, so, does anyone have some broken/badly damaged Apple external floppy drives (UniDisk 5.25, 400k/800k 3.5" drive, etc)? The interface cables have the proper connector.

              -Ian
            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 28, 2012
                On 4/28/2012 9:58 AM, joshbensadon wrote:
                > What are your most wanted lists???

                Heathkit H8
                TRS-80 Model 12
                DEC MS670-CA memory
                Kaypro Robie
                Apple IIc+
                Apple IIc monitor and stand
                Apple IIGS 4MB memory board
                Altair 8800
                Sol 20
                Sun Ultra 60 with dual 450MHz CPUs
                Early Sun workstations
                Blank punch cards
                An HP-1000, PDP-8 or PDP-11.
                HP 1000 boards: 13183A (7970E tape controller)
                HP 7970E tape drive
                HP 7906 or 7925 disc drive
                Anything, hardware or documentation, from the SAGE (AN/FSQ-7) system
                Any control or maintenance panels from big iron, especially the
                blinkenlights variety.

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 28, 2012
                  Didn't we have a similar thread a few weeks ago?

                  Loewen -- we have several //c monitors/stands; remind me during VCF.
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 28, 2012
                    On 04/28/2012 11:44 AM, Mr Ian Primus wrote:
                    > Sun VME boards/systems

                    Let me know if you're looking for any specific boards. I have quite a
                    bit of this stuff, and while I'm not really planning on getting rid of
                    any, I might be talked out of something if it'll complete a system of yours.

                    > Breakout cable for Sun's SMD controller

                    The DC37+DB25 cable sets? I'm pretty sure I have a few of those. Not
                    much chance of my finding them before VCF though. Ping me later when
                    the need comes up and I'll dig.

                    > Speaking of floppies, does anyone have any hard sector disks, or a punch to make them? Or, even better yet, does anyone have any bootable media for a NorthStar Advantage?

                    I have a brand new punch from Dwight; I haven't even used it yet.
                    I'll bring it to VCF and we can try it out.

                    Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                    New Kensington, PA
                  • Bill Sudbrink
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 28, 2012
                      Mr Ian Primus wrote:
                      > S-100 I/O boards (parallel/serial/video/cassette)
                      > S-100 SRAM

                      I can possibly do something about the above, contact me off list.

                      > Speaking of floppies, does anyone have any hard sector disks, or a
                      > punch to make them?

                      I have one of Dwight Elvey's punches. If I can find it, I'll
                      bring it to VCF. I'll let you know in a day or two if I find
                      it so you can bring media to punch.

                      > Or, even better yet, does anyone have any bootable
                      > media for a NorthStar Advantage?

                      Somewhere, yes. The Advantage is in my repair queue. When it
                      comes to the top, I'll dig them out. I think I know which pile
                      of boxes they are in. Unfortunately, not likely to happen before
                      VCF however.

                      Bill S.
                    • joshbensadon
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 28, 2012
                        I think a few weeks ago, it was "What's in your Repair Queue".

                        > Didn't we have a similar thread a few weeks ago?
                        >
                        > Loewen -- we have several //c monitors/stands; remind me during VCF.

                      • Jeffrey Brace
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 28, 2012
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 29, 2012
                            >Wanted, dead or alive...
                            >What are your most wanted lists???

                            One hardware, pure unobtanium:
                            Tandy 10

                            One software:
                            Tandy Videotext Office Information System

                            Notice a trend?

                            Kelly
                          • joshbensadon
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 29, 2012
                              That's pretty concise. My only question is why?

                              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...> wrote:

                              > >Wanted, dead or alive...
                              > >What are your most wanted lists???
                              >
                              > One hardware, pure unobtanium:
                              > Tandy 10
                              >
                              > One software:
                              > Tandy Videotext Office Information System
                              >
                              > Notice a trend?
                              >
                              > Kelly

                            • Kelly D. Leavitt
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 30, 2012
                                Simple, I decided long ago to focus on the pre PC compatible Radio Shack
                                computers. These are the two major gaps. I have most publicly available
                                radio shack stuff, and have recently added one of their prototype MUX
                                boxes.

                                The Tandy 10 was a rebadged ADDS computer built into a desk. It was the
                                second computer offered by Radio Shack. The VIS system was a very early
                                hypertext system that I found facinating. No one seems to remember the
                                Xenix based VIS package. I have some of the sample data here, but not
                                the server software.

                                > That's pretty concise. My only question is why?
                                > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                                <mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com> , "Kelly D. Leavitt"