VCF Sat. night dinner -- solved!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2012
      VCF East is growing, so I booked a private room this year for our
      Saturday night dinner.

      The location is "Connolly Station Restaurant and Tavern" at 711 Main
      St., Belmar, 07720 -- it's easy to find, affordable, and they have a
      good menu. The person who took our reservation assured me there's plenty
      of parking (plus a town lot across the street) and that our resident
      vegetarian will find something he likes (hi Sridhar!) -- they're cool
      with letting us order from the main menu (many places wanted a special
      group menu with just a few choices), doing separate checks, and they're
      not even charging us a premium for the room itself. That's good news
      considering the evening is also Cinco de Mayo -- a very popular holiday
      for the local bars.

      Justin: Disregard the email I sent about how it's your job to find us a
      restaurant this year -- or if you found someplace already then let me
      know ASAP!

      The restaurant is 3.4 miles from InfoAge. This year I'll print
      directions and hand them out at the end of the day Saturday. But for
      those who can't wait:

      - Turn left out of the InfoAge parking lot
      - First right onto Brighton Ave.
      - Go 0.4 miles, turn right onto Lakewood Rd.
      - Go 1.3 miles, turn right onto West Sylvania Ave.
      - Take second left onto Neptune Ave.
      - Take third right onto 6th Ave.
      - Go 0.9 miles, turn left onto Main St. (Rt. 71)
      - Connolly Station is 0.1 mile on the left

      For you GPS geeks, that's +40.20465, -74.01738, or (for pocketwatch
      geeks) +40° 12' 16.93", -74° 1' 2.20".

      As for Friday night, at some point we'll all just hit a local diner, and
      we'll leave a detailed "gone fishin'" sign at InfoAge for any stragglers.