Don Maslin archive:

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2012
      Did you guys see this!

      http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.cpm/browse_thread/thread/7d7a379ce42f
      0838/eb523c34b4bcf14e?hl=en&q=don+maslin#eb523c34b4bcf14e

      Gaby Chaudry posted:

      Dear all,

      I received a message today from Don's niece, who is still keeping
      Don's complete stuff in her garage.
      Here's the message:

      "Hello Gaby,

      I am Don and Bristol Maslin's niece and trustee for their estate.
      After Don died August 28, 2004, I had the good fortune and burden of
      taking care of Bristol who had moderate dementia at that time,
      unbeknownst to her family. Caring for her and working full time was
      more than I could cope with, so Don's computer collection just sat in
      the garage until recently. Bristol died in Dec. 2009.

      I am not a computer buff, but I do know that my uncles activities and
      generosity were very beneficial to people who enjoy vintage
      computers. The kind things written and posted on the Memorial page
      gave me the inspiration to contact you. Contrary to my family's
      suggestions, I have kept all of Don's computer hardware and software
      and assessories. I moved everything into a storaqge unit last summer
      so I could get their house ready for renting.

      I have spoken to several people who were associated with Don's
      computer activities and shared his passion while trying to determine
      what I had possession of and what to do with it all. I tried to
      donate it to a computer museum, but the local one had closed up and
      the one in Mountain View, CA already had most everything. I would
      love to make the collection available to anyone who is interested; I
      am hoping you might be able to give me some suggestions or leads to
      find homes for everything. At one point, Sellam Ismail came over and
      helped me photograph and catalogue the most unique pieces, with the
      intention of auctioning them to targetted special interest groups.
      But, that never materialized

      I look forward to hearing from you."

      I would gladly put anybody in contact with her who is seriously
      interested in taking over the archive.

      Please e-mail me at the usual address.

      Best wishes
      Gaby