Renting a 14' truck with a ramp

  • Ben Greenfield
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26 8:29 AM
      Hey All,

      I'm renting a 14' truck with a ramp. I will be driving to VCF from Williamstown, MA. My route in case someone needs truck space will be meander over to 87.

      South on 87 until I reach Suffern then I think I get on 287 to exit 105....

      If anyone needs trucking let me know.

      Ben
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26 8:41 AM
        >> I think I get on 287 to exit 105....

        No, you'll have to get onto the NJ Turnpike (95) to exit 9, which puts you on Rt. 18 south, to exit 7A. The more direct route is via Garden State Parkway but trucks are not allowed there. Cops strictly enforce it.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26 11:47 AM
          Even uhauls? Thanks for the tip

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 26 12:02 PM
            Hmm ... I don't know the exact law; it might have to do with the number of axles or the weight. I advise you to check. They do allow buses to Atlantic City. :)

            From: Ben Greenfield <ben@...>
            Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:47:47 -0400
            To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 26 12:05 PM
              I checked. It appears to be a license plate thing if your license plate says truck it is bad.

              From: Ben Greenfield <ben@...>
              Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:47:47 -0400
              To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>