VCF * employees * needed

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2012
      Everyone,

      We are in serious need of help during VCF East. We need people to sell
      tickets, be parking lot attendants, direct people traffic, etc. -- I
      estimate that we need three reliable people to work full-time on both
      days of the show.

      Thus, the people can't be you guys, because you want to * see * the
      show. The people we need will basically miss VCF, just like employees at
      a concert -- they're working, not attending. (MARCHins are welcome to
      apply, just understand that you won't have time to see any of the show.)

      We need people who meet the following requirements:
      - Reliable. If the people flake out, show up late, leave early,
      disappear for an hour, etc., then it reflects poorly on us, and on you
      who referred them to us. Also, it'll make me ANGRY.
      - For ticket sellers, the person must be EXTREMELY TRUSTWORTHY. You'll
      need to vouch for this person out the wazoo, because MARCH's lifeblood
      is at stake.
      - Over age 18, or else extremely mature. Actually, they must be mature
      and professional and politically correct, no matter their age.
      - Sharp! We need people who are no-bullshit, customer-first, get-it-done
      types. If people dilly-dally, make excuses, or act unenthusiastic, then
      it will make us look bad and cause me to go nuts (in the bad way.) For
      example, when I tell a show volunteer that I need something done "now"
      then I mean "now" and I mean they should hustle! Not in 5, 10, 20
      minutes while they stroll over. Or when asked a question by an attendee
      or exhibitor or VIP and they don't know the answer, then the only
      acceptable answer is, "I will find out for you," not "dunno" or "someone
      else does that" or whatever else.
      - In exchange for doing these tasks (and putting up with me), MARCH will
      pay these three people $100 each for the weekend. It works out to below
      market wages, but hey, we're poor too. And it's still a hundred bucks in
      cash, and they get free food and a snazzy VCF t-shirt.

      Replies MUST be sent off-list to me. The sooner, the better. Be
      prepared: even if it's your wife or kid, I'm still going to ask, "How do
      I know they won't be incompetent / flake / loser / thief?"

      It's part of my job to be a jerk about this, so that everyone else has a
      great time. :)