RE: [midatlanticretro] IMPORTANT -- TCF odds and ends....

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 11, 2005
      >>>> Figure it out when we get there?
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 11, 2005
        Hey, that was very strange -- I sent a full reply and only the quoted part appears.  Here's the reply:

      • Bill Sudbrink
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 11, 2005
          > - The four remaing tables will be for whoever needs extra space. We
          > may have to share these. My hunch is that the Apple, Commodore, DEC,
          > and Tandy exhibits will need the most space. One or two people said
          > they can only exhibit on Saturday, so there will be extra space on Sunday.

          6 feet will be a little tight for me... 8 would be better. Maybe we
          can push tables together and split an extra table between two of us?

          > - Please make all the posters, literature, signs, etc. that you can!
          > There was some talk here a few weeks ago about those plastic sign
          > holders you can buy at Staples, but honestly, I want to see big,
          > colorful, explanatory signs. Pretend you're running for class
          > president or something. :) Nothing confuses people more than a bunch
          > of equipment with no explanation of what it's all about. LOL, this is
          > also a good way to get your children and spouses involved. :)

          I just haven't had the time. Expect my stuff to look almost exactly
          like my last year's VCF east display. If someone has the time and
          inclination, I'll happily accept (and pay for materials) for "system
          info" signs for my:

          Ohio Scientific C4P-MF
          6502 - 2MHz
          48K memory
          86K per single sided floppy

          NorthStar Horizon
          Z80 - 4MHz
          56K memory
          400K per double sided, hard-sectored floppy

          Processor Technology Sol-20
          8080A - 2MHz
          32K memory
          400K per double sided, hard-sectored floppy

          > - Plan ahead for how you'll present your computers. Expect a wide
          > range of questions, for the obscure to the expert to the moronic. Try
          > to make up some simple demos for your computers. When possible and
          > when realistic, make demos that people can actually try. If someone
          > is drooling over the memory of programming on your machine 15 years
          > ago, then under your close supervision, hand over the keyboard.
          > Obviously, be careful of who you trust and what you let them do!! Our
          > exhibit is all about being interactive instead of just static.

          Space invaders, Asteriods and Zork.
        • billdeg@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 11, 2005
            I bought a box of dot matrix paper this weekend if anyone needs me to bring
            some.
            bd

            In a message dated 4/11/2005 2:21:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            ahm@... writes:

            > evan947 wrote:
            > > - Please make all the posters, literature, signs, etc. that you can!
            > [...]
            > > Pretend you're running for class president or something. :)
            >
            > Woo, dot-matrix printer banners! ;)
          • us21090
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 15, 2005
              Evan,

              I finally was able to change my "maybe" to "confirmed" for Saturday
              (I'm way too busy!). As I've indicated in the database, I'm bringing
              a Kim-1, ADM3a (attached to the Kim-1), an early HP-25 programmable
              calculator. It occured to me folks may like to see a CPU card from a
              c1985 Sun 3/160 (with 8MBs on a 9U (almost 16" tall) board!). I'll
              see what else I have, too.

              I'll be driving up tonight. I'll aim for being at the College
              7:30-ish. Do you know which building we'll be in?

              Thanks,
              Scott Austin
              us21090@...
            • evan
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 15, 2005
                TcfIs in the colleges recreation center, Im sure there will be lots of signs...
                see you there!
                --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <us21090@...> wrote:

                > Evan,
                >
                > I finally was able to change my "maybe" to "confirmed" for Saturday
                > (I'm way too busy!). As I've indicated in the database, I'm bringing
                > a Kim-1, ADM3a (attached to the Kim-1), an early HP-25 programmable
                > calculator. It occured to me folks may like to see a CPU card from a
                > c1985 Sun 3/160 (with 8MBs on a 9U (almost 16" tall) board!). I'll
                > see what else I have, too.
                >
                > I'll be driving up tonight. I'll aim for being at the College
                > 7:30-ish. Do you know which building we'll be in?
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Scott Austin
                > us21090@...

                Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

                - 700 readers and no spam / Publishes every Monday / Write for us!