Another Tandy score - Chris M are you there

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 22, 2006
      Or should that be: rU 7h3r3... ;-)

      This one from EBay.

      Say what you want about EBay...

      I just received 7 TRS-80 Model 2000 software packages in the mail. One still
      un-opened.

      It includes:
      MS Assembler,
      MS Pascal,
      MS Fortran,
      dBase II,
      MS-DOS,
      Multiplan,
      VideoTex Plus.

      Now all I have to do is find the "right" way to image the disks!

      $21.41 including shipping. Went with medial mail shipping. Took 19 days to
      get here!

      So Chris, what is the "right" way to image these? Does the 2000 support
      anything other than QD disks? Can these be reliably read with a catweasel or
      with ImageDisk? I have DS/HD drives connected to both.

      Kelly
    • William Pechter
      Message 33 of 33 , Mar 5, 2006
        I'd tend to figure it for AUI 15 pin rather than the  old thinnet T connector or  RJ45.  I know they used the 6 pin RJ connector for serial terminal -- perhaps they even had rj45 Cat3/5 ethernet.  I think Starlan10 was Cat5 ethernet and I think that pre-dates the 3b2/300 and 400 so they might have been just Cat 3 or Cat5 cables at that time.

        Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
        Bill,

        Your help will be greatly appreciated. I hope to give them a try here at home
        first with a friend who worked with them at AT&T. The units came with lots of
        AT&T documentation. The donor assumes they do not have any ethernet
        capabilities but I have not had time to look at the connectors on the back. I
        figure the ethernet adapter would have a 15-pin 'D connector' for a
        transceiver (not cheapernet!). Am I right?

        Jim

        --- William Pechter <bpechter@...> wrote:

        > If you need help getting it set up let me know.
        >
        > Make sure you get the root password... saves having to break in to it.
        >
        > The tough thing to find on those is the ethernet and TCP/IP software
        > and license.
        >
        > Bill
        >
        > --- Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
        >
        > > One of my fellow DACS members (Danbury Area Computer Society -
        > > dacs.org) has
        > > donated two 3B2 computers, an expansion chassis, a graphics terminal
        > > and a
        > > bunch of software to MARCH. I'll bring it down on my next trip. This
        > > is all
        > > supposed to be in working condition and could be the basis for the
        > > interactive terminals I envision for the museum. It includes
        > > documentation
        > > for the UNIX System V Rel. 3 that is supposed to be installed. Using
        > > this to
        > > drive the terminals would help provide some "NJ" flavor to the
        > > exhibits.
        > >
        > > Jim

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS