Re: [midatlanticretro] Question about prom burners

    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 4 10:45 AM
      On 04/04/2012 01:43 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:
      >> I am experimenting with the thing to try to dump what's in E000 (the
      >> Northstar Monitor 2716 eProm), but I can't seem to get the device to know
      >> where to look. Anyone work with one of these?
      >
      > I had thought about bringing my Data I/O 29B along to VCF, in case
      > anyone wanted to dump/copy/burn any compatible ROMs. Would there be any
      > such interest?

      I had the same thought, was going to bring the UniSite. I think it's
      a good idea. Let's both do that.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 9 11:27 AM

        > > What Serial card did you use with this set up? Do you have the
        > > disks? I would love to archive these for posterity. I have a
        > > northstar system set up and/or I could replicate the
        > > Altair/Northstar set up. There are others in this group that could
        > > do this as well, not sure if you wrote where you're from.
        > >
        > > Bill
        > > landenberg, PA
        > >

        >Bill:
        >Terry here. If these questions were to me, I don't remember what
        >serial card that I used back then (I've used many). But, I do have
        >a box (either Xerox box or similar size) of N* floppies still around
        >here somewhere. Plus, I should have some docs on that old
        >system. I will look around.
        >Terry

        Terry,
        Thanks. I have among other projects been working to use a North* MDS
        controller operate within an Altair system. I also have a working
        Northstar Horizon system that runs N* and N* CP/M. On my Altair I am
        using a 2SIO card. I have found indirect docs on how to personalize
        N* DOS for the Altair 2SIO card, but so far I have not been able to
        make it work. Any details of your version of N* DOS would be useful,
        and/or a few representative disks.

        If you were looking for a home for some of/all of the disks, I would
        work with our club members to get CBBS running again.