25yrs of OS2

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2012
    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2012
        > I know there are some people who are OS2 collectors
        > http://techland.time.com/2012/04/02/25-years-of-ibms-os2-the-birth-death-and-afterlife-of-a-legendary-operating-system/

        I had friends working on it at Microsoft and gave one of them a T-shirt
        that said:

        What are we writing?
        OS/2!

        When will it be ready?
        Real soon!

        Fans of Buckaroo Banzai will get the reference.

        We were looking at using it as the "under the hood" OS for a project we
        were working on because it was way ahead of Windows in terms of
        capabilities we needed, but decided that writing code for Windows and
        working around the quirks would be easier.

        Bob
      • Christopher Blackmon
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2012
          My senior design project in college was writing a web browser for OS/2 warp using IBM Smalltalk for OS/2....
          wow that was a long time ago.

          Christopher.

          I know there are some people who are OS2 collectors
          http://techland.time.com/2012/04/02/25-years-of-ibms-os2-the-birth-death-and-afterlife-of-a-legendary-operating-system/

        • Rolf Levenbach
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2012
            I have a friend in Lawrenceville who wants to get rid of some OS/2 magazines. If anyone is interested, I can either give them his email address or I can pick them up and give them to the lucky person at VCF East.

            Rolf L.