Museum report -- great day

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 5:48 PM
      We had a fantastic day at the museum.

      The total number of visitors today was 40-50. It was awesome. Visitors of all ages and interests from the time we opened until 5:30ish. Apparently there was a local newspaper article about dual grand openings of NJHDA's Morrow Castle exhibit and InfoAge's WW2 dioramas exhibit (complete with baked goods and refreshments.) Today, visitor-wise, was what we dream that every weekend will be like someday. The place was teeming with interested people. I heard the donation jar in the entrance took in more than $100 today.

      Meanwhile, we did a couple of hours of VCF prep and H-building storage organization before and after public hours. I won't remember everything, but the gist is that we (me, Jeff B., Jeff J.) tested / sorted / labeled MANY systems.

      All of that effort resulted in two things:

      1. We have two pallets FULL of surplus computers to sell at VCF. Some are tested as working/non; others are as-is. The pallets include assorted luggables, Apple II+ and Apple IIe, Commodore VIC/64/128, TI-99/4a, and DECmate II systems. Some include original boxes and some include various accessories. We have not decided the prices, but they will be "priced to move". There's more to be added to the pallets...

      2. Step 1 opened a lot of free space. Next week, we're going to attack our huge and scattered collection of terminals. But for now we will probably keep all of them. Maybe some surplus next year.

      That's all for now.