Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: VCF question

  • M. Edward Wilborne, III
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
      I was surprised by the comment about planters and fish tanks myself!  I don't think most teenagers are interested in those, anyway...  And I'd rather see old systems restored than altered that way (especially since I don't have either one of those in my collection).

      Using vintage systems with Robotics, controlling, programming, etc., now that may be something that gets kids interested.

      Ed

      On 4/1/2012 11:42 AM, B Degnan wrote:

      Some might not appreciate destroying vintage computers, that's kind
      of against our club mission. Evan was just kidding.

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
        >> Evan was just kidding.

        Frank O. gets the prize for "Evan's April Fools Day Faller-For" ... For the second year in a row. He sent me a very concerned private email.

        The prize: his name in this message. :)

        For anyone who doesn't know Frank, he is an extremely intelligent person ... 24/7/ but only 364.
      • Bill Sudbrink
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
          Along with a new calendar.
        • dfnr2
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
            Take a look at the date ^^^^^^^

            > Some might not appreciate destroying vintage computers, that's kind
            > of against our club mission. Evan was just kidding.
            >
            > At 11:35 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
            > >I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could
            > >bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh
            > >donors. . .
            > >
            > >Dave
            > >
            > >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Evan Koblentz <evan@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hey everyone,
            > > >
            > > > We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.
            > > >
            > > > Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example,
            > > > maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

            > > > Happy April 1. :)

          • Bee Dee
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2, 2012
              I'll take 1.5 if you pay for the postage.