Re: VCF question

  • dfnr2
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
      I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh donors. . .

      Dave

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
        Some might not appreciate destroying vintage computers, that's kind
        of against our club mission. Evan was just kidding.

        At 11:35 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
        >I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could
        >bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh
        >donors. . .
        >
        >Dave
        >
        >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hey everyone,
        > >
        > > We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.
        > >
        > > Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example,
        > > maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

        > > Happy April 1. :)

      • M. Edward Wilborne, III
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
          I was surprised by the comment about planters and fish tanks myself!  I don't think most teenagers are interested in those, anyway...  And I'd rather see old systems restored than altered that way (especially since I don't have either one of those in my collection).

          Using vintage systems with Robotics, controlling, programming, etc., now that may be something that gets kids interested.

          Ed

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
            >> Evan was just kidding.

            Frank O. gets the prize for "Evan's April Fools Day Faller-For" ... For the second year in a row. He sent me a very concerned private email.

            The prize: his name in this message. :)

            For anyone who doesn't know Frank, he is an extremely intelligent person ... 24/7/ but only 364.
          • Bill Sudbrink
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
              Along with a new calendar.
            • dfnr2
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
                Take a look at the date ^^^^^^^

                > Some might not appreciate destroying vintage computers, that's kind
                > of against our club mission. Evan was just kidding.
                >
                > At 11:35 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
                > >I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could
                > >bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh
                > >donors. . .
                > >
                > >Dave
                > >
                > >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Evan Koblentz <evan@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hey everyone,
                > > >
                > > > We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.
                > > >
                > > > Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example,
                > > > maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

                > > > Happy April 1. :)

              • Bee Dee
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 2, 2012
                  I'll take 1.5 if you pay for the postage.