Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF question

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
      I was going to say....case modding!?

      The one time I tried it, with a Commodore C128D...let's just say I
      got a few pennies from the recycler from what was left.

      bd

      At 09:38 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
      > For example, maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?
      >
      > >> Maybe add links to Facebook and Twitter?
      >
      >Ray, re-read the * entire * message.
      >
      >I hoped a suggestion about "case modding" would raise some ire. :)
      >
      >(I meant it in the modern kiddie PC sense, not in the context of
      >exhibitors such as Ralph D. , who does incredible things.)
      >
      >Anyway: giving my own joke a "B-" -- it claimed a victim but maybe
      >it wasn't very funny.

    • dfnr2
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
        I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh donors. . .

        Dave

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
          Some might not appreciate destroying vintage computers, that's kind
          of against our club mission. Evan was just kidding.

          At 11:35 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
          >I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could
          >bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh
          >donors. . .
          >
          >Dave
          >
          >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey everyone,
          > >
          > > We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.
          > >
          > > Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example,
          > > maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

          > > Happy April 1. :)

        • M. Edward Wilborne, III
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
            I was surprised by the comment about planters and fish tanks myself!  I don't think most teenagers are interested in those, anyway...  And I'd rather see old systems restored than altered that way (especially since I don't have either one of those in my collection).

            Using vintage systems with Robotics, controlling, programming, etc., now that may be something that gets kids interested.

            Ed

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
              >> Evan was just kidding.

              Frank O. gets the prize for "Evan's April Fools Day Faller-For" ... For the second year in a row. He sent me a very concerned private email.

              The prize: his name in this message. :)

              For anyone who doesn't know Frank, he is an extremely intelligent person ... 24/7/ but only 364.
            • Bill Sudbrink
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
                Along with a new calendar.
              • dfnr2
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
                  Take a look at the date ^^^^^^^

                  > Some might not appreciate destroying vintage computers, that's kind
                  > of against our club mission. Evan was just kidding.
                  >
                  > At 11:35 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
                  > >I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could
                  > >bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh
                  > >donors. . .
                  > >
                  > >Dave
                  > >
                  > >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Evan Koblentz <evan@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hey everyone,
                  > > >
                  > > > We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.
                  > > >
                  > > > Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example,
                  > > > maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

                  > > > Happy April 1. :)

                • Bee Dee
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 2, 2012
                    I'll take 1.5 if you pay for the postage.