Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF question

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
      >>> Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example, maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

      >> Maybe add links to Facebook and Twitter?

      Ray, re-read the * entire * message.

      I hoped a suggestion about "case modding" would raise some ire. :)

      (I meant it in the modern kiddie PC sense, not in the context of exhibitors such as Ralph D. , who does incredible things.)

      Anyway: giving my own joke a "B-" -- it claimed a victim but maybe it wasn't very funny.
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
        I was going to say....case modding!?

        The one time I tried it, with a Commodore C128D...let's just say I
        got a few pennies from the recycler from what was left.

        bd

        At 09:38 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
        > For example, maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?
        >
        > >> Maybe add links to Facebook and Twitter?
        >
        >Ray, re-read the * entire * message.
        >
        >I hoped a suggestion about "case modding" would raise some ire. :)
        >
        >(I meant it in the modern kiddie PC sense, not in the context of
        >exhibitors such as Ralph D. , who does incredible things.)
        >
        >Anyway: giving my own joke a "B-" -- it claimed a victim but maybe
        >it wasn't very funny.

      • dfnr2
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
          I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh donors. . .

          Dave

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
            Some might not appreciate destroying vintage computers, that's kind
            of against our club mission. Evan was just kidding.

            At 11:35 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
            >I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could
            >bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh
            >donors. . .
            >
            >Dave
            >
            >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey everyone,
            > >
            > > We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.
            > >
            > > Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example,
            > > maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

            > > Happy April 1. :)

          • M. Edward Wilborne, III
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
              I was surprised by the comment about planters and fish tanks myself!  I don't think most teenagers are interested in those, anyway...  And I'd rather see old systems restored than altered that way (especially since I don't have either one of those in my collection).

              Using vintage systems with Robotics, controlling, programming, etc., now that may be something that gets kids interested.

              Ed

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
                >> Evan was just kidding.

                Frank O. gets the prize for "Evan's April Fools Day Faller-For" ... For the second year in a row. He sent me a very concerned private email.

                The prize: his name in this message. :)

                For anyone who doesn't know Frank, he is an extremely intelligent person ... 24/7/ but only 364.
              • Bill Sudbrink
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
                  Along with a new calendar.
                • dfnr2
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
                    Take a look at the date ^^^^^^^

                    > Some might not appreciate destroying vintage computers, that's kind
                    > of against our club mission. Evan was just kidding.
                    >
                    > At 11:35 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
                    > >I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could
                    > >bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh
                    > >donors. . .
                    > >
                    > >Dave
                    > >
                    > >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Evan Koblentz <evan@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Hey everyone,
                    > > >
                    > > > We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.
                    > > >
                    > > > Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example,
                    > > > maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

                    > > > Happy April 1. :)

                  • Bee Dee
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 2, 2012
                      I'll take 1.5 if you pay for the postage.