Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF question

  • Ray Sills
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
      On Apr 1, 2012, at 1:23 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Hey everyone,
      >
      > We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.
      >
      > Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For
      > example,
      > maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

      Maybe add links to Facebook and Twitter?

      73 de Ray
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
        >>> Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example, maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

        >> Maybe add links to Facebook and Twitter?

        Ray, re-read the * entire * message.

        I hoped a suggestion about "case modding" would raise some ire. :)

        (I meant it in the modern kiddie PC sense, not in the context of exhibitors such as Ralph D. , who does incredible things.)

        Anyway: giving my own joke a "B-" -- it claimed a victim but maybe it wasn't very funny.
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
          I was going to say....case modding!?

          The one time I tried it, with a Commodore C128D...let's just say I
          got a few pennies from the recycler from what was left.

          bd

          At 09:38 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
          > For example, maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?
          >
          > >> Maybe add links to Facebook and Twitter?
          >
          >Ray, re-read the * entire * message.
          >
          >I hoped a suggestion about "case modding" would raise some ire. :)
          >
          >(I meant it in the modern kiddie PC sense, not in the context of
          >exhibitors such as Ralph D. , who does incredible things.)
          >
          >Anyway: giving my own joke a "B-" -- it claimed a victim but maybe
          >it wasn't very funny.

        • dfnr2
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
            I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh donors. . .

            Dave

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
              Some might not appreciate destroying vintage computers, that's kind
              of against our club mission. Evan was just kidding.

              At 11:35 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
              >I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could
              >bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh
              >donors. . .
              >
              >Dave
              >
              >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hey everyone,
              > >
              > > We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.
              > >
              > > Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example,
              > > maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

              > > Happy April 1. :)

            • M. Edward Wilborne, III
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
                I was surprised by the comment about planters and fish tanks myself!  I don't think most teenagers are interested in those, anyway...  And I'd rather see old systems restored than altered that way (especially since I don't have either one of those in my collection).

                Using vintage systems with Robotics, controlling, programming, etc., now that may be something that gets kids interested.

                Ed

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
                  >> Evan was just kidding.

                  Frank O. gets the prize for "Evan's April Fools Day Faller-For" ... For the second year in a row. He sent me a very concerned private email.

                  The prize: his name in this message. :)

                  For anyone who doesn't know Frank, he is an extremely intelligent person ... 24/7/ but only 364.
                • Bill Sudbrink
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
                    Along with a new calendar.
                  • dfnr2
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
                      Take a look at the date ^^^^^^^

                      > Some might not appreciate destroying vintage computers, that's kind
                      > of against our club mission. Evan was just kidding.
                      >
                      > At 11:35 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
                      > >I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could
                      > >bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh
                      > >donors. . .
                      > >
                      > >Dave
                      > >
                      > >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Evan Koblentz <evan@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Hey everyone,
                      > > >
                      > > > We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.
                      > > >
                      > > > Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example,
                      > > > maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

                      > > > Happy April 1. :)

                    • Bee Dee
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 2, 2012
                        I'll take 1.5 if you pay for the postage.