VCF question

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 31, 2012
      Hey everyone,

      We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.

      Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example,
      maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

      Happy April 1. :)
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1 5:41 AM
        On Apr 1, 2012, at 1:23 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > Hey everyone,
        >
        > We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.
        >
        > Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For
        > example,
        > maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

        Maybe add links to Facebook and Twitter?

        73 de Ray
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1 6:38 AM
          >>> Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example, maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

          >> Maybe add links to Facebook and Twitter?

          Ray, re-read the * entire * message.

          I hoped a suggestion about "case modding" would raise some ire. :)

          (I meant it in the modern kiddie PC sense, not in the context of exhibitors such as Ralph D. , who does incredible things.)

          Anyway: giving my own joke a "B-" -- it claimed a victim but maybe it wasn't very funny.
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1 7:33 AM
            I was going to say....case modding!?

            The one time I tried it, with a Commodore C128D...let's just say I
            got a few pennies from the recycler from what was left.

            bd

            At 09:38 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
            > For example, maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?
            >
            > >> Maybe add links to Facebook and Twitter?
            >
            >Ray, re-read the * entire * message.
            >
            >I hoped a suggestion about "case modding" would raise some ire. :)
            >
            >(I meant it in the modern kiddie PC sense, not in the context of
            >exhibitors such as Ralph D. , who does incredible things.)
            >
            >Anyway: giving my own joke a "B-" -- it claimed a victim but maybe
            >it wasn't very funny.

          • dfnr2
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1 8:35 AM
              I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh donors. . .

              Dave

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1 8:42 AM
                Some might not appreciate destroying vintage computers, that's kind
                of against our club mission. Evan was just kidding.

                At 11:35 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
                >I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could
                >bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh
                >donors. . .
                >
                >Dave
                >
                >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hey everyone,
                > >
                > > We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.
                > >
                > > Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example,
                > > maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

                > > Happy April 1. :)

              • M. Edward Wilborne, III
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 1 8:55 AM
                  I was surprised by the comment about planters and fish tanks myself!  I don't think most teenagers are interested in those, anyway...  And I'd rather see old systems restored than altered that way (especially since I don't have either one of those in my collection).

                  Using vintage systems with Robotics, controlling, programming, etc., now that may be something that gets kids interested.

                  Ed

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 1 9:12 AM
                    >> Evan was just kidding.

                    Frank O. gets the prize for "Evan's April Fools Day Faller-For" ... For the second year in a row. He sent me a very concerned private email.

                    The prize: his name in this message. :)

                    For anyone who doesn't know Frank, he is an extremely intelligent person ... 24/7/ but only 364.
                  • Bill Sudbrink
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 1 9:15 AM
                      Along with a new calendar.
                    • dfnr2
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 1 9:18 AM
                        Take a look at the date ^^^^^^^

                        > Some might not appreciate destroying vintage computers, that's kind
                        > of against our club mission. Evan was just kidding.
                        >
                        > At 11:35 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
                        > >I have an IMSAI 8080 tomato planter and an ALTO fishtank I could
                        > >bring. I supposed I could to a workshop, but I'd need to find fresh
                        > >donors. . .
                        > >
                        > >Dave
                        > >
                        > >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Evan Koblentz <evan@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Hey everyone,
                        > > >
                        > > > We're looking to change things up for VCF East this year.
                        > > >
                        > > > Anybody have ideas for how we can appeal more to teenagers? For example,
                        > > > maybe a session on retro-themed case modding?

                        > > > Happy April 1. :)

                      • Bee Dee
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 2 11:36 PM
                          I'll take 1.5 if you pay for the postage.