Lending a Mimeo (Apple-1) to MARCH....

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30 9:26 AM
      So I hope I'm not jumping the gun as Evan and I just discussed this a few days ago but I will be lending one of my Mimeo's to MARCH for display for an extended period of time staring sometime in April.  Announcing it here keeps me on the hook to get it ready :-)

      It is the one on the left in this picture, The one on the right will also be on display at VCF East.

      MimeoCaseComparison_Front_Small.jpg

      I will have a few games and other programs for demonstration.  I will let people know when I'm bringing it over if you want to learn to play around on an Apple I and really experience Home Computing 1976 style.  I just need to make some minor case mods, create some audio cassettes for it (I usually use an iPod myself) and some documentation so that who ever is on staff at MARCH for the day can boot it up and load up something interesting, this isn't as strait forward as an Apple II where you just say "load".

      Cheers,
      Corey

    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 30 9:40 AM
        > I just need to make some minor case mods, create some audio cassettes for
        > it (I usually use an iPod myself)

        That's actually extremely cool... the two extremes of Apple products :)
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 30 10:03 AM
          >> That's actually extremely cool...

          Indeed!

          We'll make a poster explaining that Apple 1s did not ship in such nice cases ... or any case at all.

          MARCH is grateful for Corey's generosity..
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 30 10:24 AM
            On Fri, 30 Mar 2012, corey986 wrote:

            > So I hope I'm not jumping the gun as Evan and I just discussed this a
            > few days ago but I will be lending one of my Mimeo's to MARCH for
            > display for an extended period of time staring sometime in April.
            > Announcing it here keeps me on the hook to get it ready :-)
            > It is the one on the left in this picture, The one on the right will
            > also be on display at VCF East.

            Let's see if I have this straight...

            You're lending a Mimeo to MARCH in April so we can see it at VCF in
            May? :-)

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • corey986
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 30 11:08 AM
              You have all summer and then some to play with the Mimeo I'm loaning. I'm just bringing another Mimeo for my exhibit at VCF. :-)
              Cheers,
              Corey

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 30 12:03 PM
                >> You're lending a Mimeo to MARCH in April so we can see it at VCF in
                May? :-)

                Maybe we'll find some June bugs when we start programming it.

                ("No!," someone shouted. "The Jew lie!") >> I'm allowed to make that joke, being of Semitic heritage, and as the club's august leader.)
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 30 1:08 PM
                  >> At last, someone got it. :-)

                  I are / be / is a writer, after all ...