Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Need 8080 assembler

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 30, 2012
      > That would make it much more portable. Rewrite some bios and it's ready to run anywhere. Would bios be needed for anything other than I/O?

      Nope, though I've been writing my I/O routines in such a way that I should be able to reuse them in a CP/M BIOS.

      > Let's talk bios.. Does it need anything more than Get a character, Send a char, test for rx buffer full and test for tx buffer empty?

      Right now it doesn't even check for TX buffer empty! But yes, those are the main functions it needs. I'm not sure if I'm going to do hardcoded pacing or hardware flow control when I get around to coding up an XModem transfer routine.

      The BIOS bit also includes a string output function, so that it can be replaced with a call to CP/M's string output routine in the CP/M version (I tend to develop using CP/M as a testbed).

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 30, 2012
        I'm really tempted to ask for your source so I can start adding to it. I am guessing you have already isolated these subs as bios. I would have a good look at your frame work and start adding parts I'd like to see & use. But... my hands are full with 8" drive problems as you know already and thanks for all your help with that!