Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Looking to borrow a 70's era TV with mechanical tuner for VCF 8.0 exhibit

  • Bob Schwier
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 29, 2012
      I have one upstairs.  I'll post the details when I get home.
      bs

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 29, 2012
        Bill,

        What model Sony is that? The 12" KV-1210 is the first Trinitron and is rare today. If I was coming I would bring my CVM-1211 monitor/receiver from 1972.

        I will be at the Early Television Foundation annual convention as it is the same weekend as VCF.

        Matt

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Mar 29, 2012, at 10:56 AM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

        At 09:07 AM 3/29/2012, you wrote:
        >in the range of 13" - 19" - must be working
        >
        >They are harder to find than you would think - most of them
        >apparently have found their way to the landfill by now.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Mike Willegal

        For my VCF 5 Exhibit a few years ago of a Apple II with original
        1969 Sony portable color TV ...
        http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_appleII-c.JPG
        ...I too had a lot of trouble finding one, more than anything else on
        the table! Unfortunately the TV flips and pops every few minutes,
        not suitable for a full day demo. Otherwise I'd offer to loan it to you.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 30, 2012
          There are a lot if pics of the tv in vintagecomputer.net/apple/appleii/ Maybe you can determine from your experience ... there is no model plate or number. Somehow I determined it was a 1969 model Trinitron maybe by looking for component date codes.
          --
          Sent from my PDP 8/e.