Re: Looking to borrow a 70's era TV with mechanical tuner for VCF 8.0 exhibit

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 29, 2012
      forgot to mention I need color - solid state is probably preferable, since it might be less likely to quit or be harmed by being moved around. Anything between 13-19" is fine.

      I believe I used 19" back in the day. My stepfather had a business that manufactured components (coils and such) for Zenith and other electronics companies and he gave me a set that I think they used in engineering for testing prototypes.

      Regards,
      Mike Willegal

      > --- On Thu, 3/29/12, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:
      >
      > >> They are harder to find than you would think - most of them apparently
      > >> have found their way to the landfill by now.
      > >

      > > I have a few here, you can borrow one, ping me this weekend, so I can
      > > dust them off, since the move I need to check them again anyway.=Dan
      >
      > I have several working ones as well - if Dan doesn't find anything, I most definitely can bring one/two/three. Color or black and white? Any preference on screen size? Tube or solid state? :D
      >
      > -Ian

    • Bob Schwier
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 29, 2012
        I have one upstairs.  I'll post the details when I get home.
        bs

        forgot to mention I need color - solid state is probably preferable, since it might be less likely to quit or be harmed by being moved around. Anything between 13-19" is fine.

        I believe I used 19" back in the day. My stepfather had a business that manufactured components (coils and such) for Zenith and other electronics companies and he gave me a set that I think they used in engineering for testing prototypes.

        Regards,
        Mike Willegal

        > --- On Thu, 3/29/12, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:
        >
        > >> They are harder to find than you would think - most of them apparently
        > >> have found their way to the landfill by now.
        > >

        > > I have a few here, you can borrow one, ping me this weekend, so I can
        > > dust them off, since the move I need to check them again anyway.=Dan
        >
        > I have several working ones as well - if Dan doesn't find anything, I most definitely can bring one/two/three. Color or black and white? Any preference on screen size? Tube or solid state? :D
        >
        > -Ian

      • Matt Patoray
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 29, 2012
          Bill,

          What model Sony is that? The 12" KV-1210 is the first Trinitron and is rare today. If I was coming I would bring my CVM-1211 monitor/receiver from 1972.

          I will be at the Early Television Foundation annual convention as it is the same weekend as VCF.

          Matt

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Mar 29, 2012, at 10:56 AM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

          At 09:07 AM 3/29/2012, you wrote:
          >in the range of 13" - 19" - must be working
          >
          >They are harder to find than you would think - most of them
          >apparently have found their way to the landfill by now.
          >
          >Thanks,
          >Mike Willegal

          For my VCF 5 Exhibit a few years ago of a Apple II with original
          1969 Sony portable color TV ...
          http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_appleII-c.JPG
          ...I too had a lot of trouble finding one, more than anything else on
          the table! Unfortunately the TV flips and pops every few minutes,
          not suitable for a full day demo. Otherwise I'd offer to loan it to you.

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 30, 2012
            There are a lot if pics of the tv in vintagecomputer.net/apple/appleii/ Maybe you can determine from your experience ... there is no model plate or number. Somehow I determined it was a 1969 model Trinitron maybe by looking for component date codes.
            --
            Sent from my PDP 8/e.